S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Turbo and SC'ed S2k's LEND ME YOUR EARS!

Old 02-13-2002, 07:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It has nothing to do with you guys, I am not happy with having spend $XXX amount of money (the amount is not important) for Speedcraft's R&D .. it's not that big of a deal honestly, however I don't want to talk about it... If I talk about it here then I will have freely given my money away and I am resistant to doing that to a company which is "for profit".

I am sorry you guys feel that way, I don't feel like I am withholding vital information as I openly tell you guys that changing the head gasket is a horrible idea and in if you did so it would be a weak link in your engine. Perhaps you guys should be happy that I am telling you that? I could have said nothing and let someone else waste their money..

Call me an a-hole if you want.

Chris
Old 02-13-2002, 09:29 AM

I would have to respectfully disagree with your statement.

You would not be doing Speedcraft's R&D, because they don't offer the head gasket with their kit anyway. We all know that Speedcraft neglected you, and for that they are wrong, but by you not sharing what I consider "Vital info" (a head gasket for a Turbo App S2000 is vital) is just plain wrong. The only people you would be hurting is other S2K members who need your info.

Are you honestly saying you don't care if another member had to spend $XXX amount of dollars to properly alter the head gasket to work for 8-10 psi on pump gas while you just sat back and knew the info, but did not want to release that info?

To me that is a bit ridiculous!

Maybe the member who blew his motor because of loose sparkplugs should not have told anybody about his dilemma, therefore causing other members car's to completely fail! Hey, he spent $5000 replacing the motor, why should he have to do Honda's R&D.

If you have that mentality, then this website, s2000online.com, should start charging a monthly fee because this board's purpose is to inform general members of info about the s2k?
Old 02-13-2002, 10:09 AM

The gasket is part of the turbo kit.

I guess you aren't getting it, or we will always disagree..

What you aren't getting is that the head gasket install is not vital and I recommend against it. (perhaps you should consider that in it's self vital info?) If it were vital to run the turbo with the gasket then it would be vital info.. if it were required to run an s2000 at all it would be vital info..

I didn't say I didnt care, please reread what I said. "I could have said nothing and let someone else waste their money.. " doesnt mean "I wouldn't care if someone spend $XXX on changing the head gasket", infact it's just the opposite.

I feel that I contribute alot to the community.. once again, sorry if you think I am an a-hole now..

The whole issue is rather upsetting and I normally wouldn't talk like this (and I haven't ever in the past.) I am not crying about it, or demanding money or causing any problem. I figured I was helping out.. sorry.
Old 02-13-2002, 10:41 AM

I don't see the big deal. Thicker head gaskets have never been a good way to lower compression, at least on a daily driver. Unless you plan to trailer your car and rebuild your engine often it's probably not worth it anyway. There are plenty of ways to reliably lower compression that don't involve questionable tricks with the head gasket. That's not a place I would be looking to save money.
Old 02-14-2002, 11:23 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

amen, ricepimp... you are much better off spending the money to do it right from the bottom up.