S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Turbo Manifold's - Tech opinions needed.

Old 05-03-2003, 03:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo Manifold's - Tech opinions needed.

Hey guys. I would just like to know what turbo manifold you all feel is the most affective. Im looking into doing a custom fabricated turbo using just one of the manifolds available at this time. Thanks guys.

-Adam
Old 05-03-2003, 04:16 PM

My new Manifold is currently on my car. The Manifold will soon be done from production and for sale to the public.
Old 05-03-2003, 04:49 PM

How much will you be asking? Also why the curving pipes? Thanks alot.

-Adam
Old 05-03-2003, 05:03 PM

$550 will be the retail. I aslo make a log style for $395, no pics yet on the log style.
Old 05-03-2003, 05:11 PM

NICE WORK! That design is very creative and it will most likely be the best flowing turbo mani yet. If I wanted a turbo I'd definetely go with your mani. Good job!
Old 05-03-2003, 05:59 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The curves are there since you need to have all pipes meet up at the same point...so you curve them. More power is generally made from equal length headers, something this design is not. The downside to EL headers is the need for extra space, something our car is short on...although I have seen them for our cars before, they do take up a lot of space getting the lengths right.
Old 05-03-2003, 06:05 PM

More power is generally made from equal length headers, something this design is not.
I don't know, I think this manifold looks to be very close to equal length. It is definetely the best looking mani for the S2000 I've seen yet. except for the one on the orange S2000 on ebay right now. But I have my doubts about that mani on the orang S2K. It places the turbo too close to the hood of the car. It may bave problems with too much heat on the metal and especially the paint.
Old 05-04-2003, 02:09 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Vertigo-Pro
[B]$550 will be the retail.
Old 05-04-2003, 07:43 AM

i'm sorry to flame, but, that manifold looks horrible. the flanges are too thick and look awful, the welds are bad, and by the looks of it, it's going to crack. that design is a copy of a austrailan manifold that was quite popular back in the late 90's. from what i see, the primaries are too small and short to be of anygood. it was proven on many many sub 10 sec hondas, that a short merge collector manifold works better. a true equal legnth manifold needs primaries taht are long enough to keep exhaust pulses from colliding with each other, which it looks like this one will do. and the point of merging 1 and 2 is even more bizare for this type of manifold. you dont see to many 1 and 2 designs in headers, and there are reasons why you dont see them often. the primaries need to be really really long to make them work. a traditional tri y design ( 1 and 3) works much much better. a 1 and 3 merge will help spool the turbo faster, which is what's ideal for our cars (especially if you have a split pulse turbo and have a manfifold that matches) and the collector is way too small. sorry that's my honest opinion.
Old 05-04-2003, 11:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hehe, James... that was pretty funny.

Come on James, show off your manifold.

Quick Reply: Turbo Manifold's - Tech opinions needed.