S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Turbo Fun...

Old 06-25-2003, 12:49 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

One question, How much
Old 06-25-2003, 04:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am looking to run approx 1.3 bar on pump gas.

The exhaust is something I made by myself, however part of it was welded by another guy who I stopped working with. He was very good at making exhausts, but he didn't understand the import style very well I guess... Anyways, He made a pipe which basically rests on the rear lower brace (forgot what it's called) so there is a rattle there. I am thinking about just buying an after market turbo exhaust and mating my downpipe to it, rather than trying to take mine apart and redoing it...

Everything on the car I welded myself except for the manifold, which I only welded parts of. (the tabs to hold on the collector, wastegate) All of the intake piping, downpipe and exhaust hangers, etc I welded myself.

I originally did all of this with the intention of offering the kit/manifold to the public, however at this time I don't think I will be doing it. It takes huge amounts of time away from my personal life and my girlfriend goes nuts. Currently AnthonyMV has a manifold ordered with me from a looong time ago, and I intend to fulfill and support that, however I won't be making any other manifolds for a while I don't think.

The turbo is a Garrett GT35/40, I haven't kept track of when it's fully spooled by (12 psi or so) but I think it's around 4500 or so, the dyno will show the true numbers.

The cost is priceless at this point as I have huge rediculous amounts of time in the project. To duplicate it, I don't think I would charge much less than $10K however and I would need to have the car.

Chris
Old 06-25-2003, 04:24 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Chris,
for that price, are you using a stand alone ecu?
beroz
Old 06-25-2003, 06:55 AM

The price I just picked out of the air. I guess what I was saying is that it's not worth it to me to consider it for anything less. I am not trying to compete with anyone on price or availability. In fact I am not trying to compete with anyone at all at this point, but if you give me enough money I'd probably consider alot of things!!

Give me a couple weeks and I may have some more information for you. Anyways, back to the original question, no that wouldn't include the standalone, ha.

Chris
Old 06-25-2003, 09:40 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Chris, very nice set-up. You need to stop by again to Miami so that everyone can see this. Great job.

Chris C.
Old 06-25-2003, 11:20 AM

Nice job Chris, don't be a stranger down here in Miami =)
Old 06-25-2003, 11:56 AM
Banned

If its a GT35/40, I'm pretty surprised it takes so long to spool. It is about the same size as the T3/T4, but BB, so it should spool MUCH quicker...

Blake
Old 06-25-2003, 07:42 PM

Be careful with this guy he took me for a ride. I paid him very good money and he totally gave me a messed up turbo kit. It never would have run, there are so many issues with it I had to throw it away. Now I am waiting with an attorney of course to see all of the damages CJB80 ( Chris ) has caused me. Thanks to Mike Simon he is bailing me out. Don't trust this kid he is a 22 year old novice don't let him learn off your setup.. By the way there are several people he did this to . I have the most financial loss..
Old 06-25-2003, 07:50 PM

I would have just beat his ass. So what if I spent the night in jail, it's such a low proority crime that a cheap attorney would be able to get you out with time served.
Old 06-25-2003, 08:03 PM

Originally posted by Hobbyholic
I have the most financial loss..
It's about time for you to just shut the up. Stop whining and taking everything out on everyone you do business with. Grow the up.

Quick Reply: Turbo Fun...