S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

TSB Problem Please help: I was told if car is out of warranty they wont do TSB's

Old 12-03-2003, 11:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TSB Problem Please help: I was told if car is out of warranty they wont do TSB's

TSB Problem Please help: I was told if car is out of warranty they wont do TSB's So i find some TSB's that i havent had done so i take it to my Honda dealer and he tells me that TSB's are only done for free if car is still nder warranty. That it has to be a recall to get these done.

Please help any thoughts Im so glad i did the spark plugs, and gear syncros already.
Old 12-03-2003, 01:02 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Unless it is safety related, I believe that this is the case; the dealer is not obligated.

However, if you are a good customer, they may do a TSB as a customer relations gesture. You should be prepared to pony up the $$'s if it is something that will affect the long-term reliability or durability of your car.

Like almost everything, this has been "asked and answered" before - try a search on TSB and see what happens, or maybe you will get a mercy post.

Good luck with your car!
Old 12-03-2003, 01:52 PM

Just curious if anyone has had TSB's taken care of under extended warranty?
Old 12-03-2003, 01:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Remember, a TSB is only an alert to the dealers about a potential problem and how to fix it. If you don't convince them your car exhibits the problems, they won't "do the TSB's" just because you read about them. They're not recalls.

If your car does have the problem, is the part something covered under the extended warranty or not?
Old 12-03-2003, 04:18 PM

for a newbie... what is "TSB"?
Old 12-03-2003, 04:26 PM

Technical Service Bulletins
Old 12-03-2003, 04:46 PM

thank guys, but as far a customer relations i think my next car will be based on at least 50% how you are treated in the dealership. I guess i have to buy higher end cars.
Old 12-03-2003, 05:02 PM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 352 Likes on 321 Posts

Originally posted by REDS2KCA
thank guys, but as far a customer relations i think my next car will be based on at least 50% how you are treated in the dealership. I guess i have to buy higher end cars.

Are you out of warranty? How has the dealer treated you badly? The service manager just explained a AHM policy, which in not much different from other manufacturers.
Old 12-03-2003, 08:17 PM

I suppose i am from the school that if i make a product that is for the most part good, but does have some serious problems, transmission,clutch, cv joint etc. That is a defect in bulid quality that all different types of people in different places experience. Then it is my ethical duty to my customers to fix these issues, becuse they are known issues. Instead depending on your look or status in society they pick and choose what they will fix. I dont do this in my buisness and dont expect to be treated this way in my buisness dealings. And to quote alot of DSM's (it was Abuse) well my defintion of abuse is not using an object (S2000) for what it was intended for. Its the same as saying boiling water shouldn't be hot. Its just incorrect and out right offensive, 2 seats, 240hp, indepent suspension, 6 speed doesnt sound like a commuter car to me. So i will not be buying another sports car from a company that makes mini vans.
Old 12-03-2003, 08:34 PM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 352 Likes on 321 Posts

REDS2KCA, is your car still under the 3yr/36k? What problems does your car have that fall under a TSB?

Quick Reply: TSB Problem Please help: I was told if car is out of warranty they wont do TSB's