S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Trunk Lid Won't Open

Old 02-01-2014, 10:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trunk Lid Won't Open

Randomly, my key fob will not open the trunk nor will my passenger door automatically lock/unlock. I've replaced the key fob battery and still the issue remains. Also, I'm not too sure if this is normal but when I turn my headlights on, it dims the lights inside my car when driving at night. But during the day, the my speedometer lights is brighter when the headlights is off. Shouldn't it be the opposite?

Help!
Old 02-02-2014, 04:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dash dims when you turn on headlights, so that's normal. Haven't a clue to your other issue though...
Old 02-02-2014, 07:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Push and hold the dash light brightness control for a few seconds and the dash will go full brightness with the lights on.

Are you holding the trunk button for a few seconds? It has a time delay so you do not accidentally open your trunk if the button is pushed by something in your pocket.
Old 02-02-2014, 08:22 AM

I would check your trunk open mbutton inside the car. If that button works fine something is wrong with your key fob. If that button doesnt work sometimes as well, your trunk opening mechanism has problem.

About the brightness of your dash, it's in the manual that with the headlight on you can make it full bright by holding the plus sign.
Old 02-02-2014, 09:29 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

have you repeatedly pressed the unlock button, at least 6 times. you have to do this when you replace the batteries sometimes so that key fob "connects" with the brain.
Old 02-02-2014, 09:38 AM

Random sux, car should have 2 fobs try the other if you haven't already.
Old 03-01-2014, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by icantbeseen1
have you repeatedly pressed the unlock button, at least 6 times. you have to do this when you replace the batteries sometimes so that key fob "connects" with the brain.
Sorry for the late reply, I have been really busy. I did in fact forget to mention I replaced the car battery recently and this occurred afterwards. I will give this a try.

- Johnson
Old 03-01-2014, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by 08S2000
I would check your trunk open mbutton inside the car. If that button works fine something is wrong with your key fob. If that button doesnt work sometimes as well, your trunk opening mechanism has problem.

About the brightness of your dash, it's in the manual that with the headlight on you can make it full bright by holding the plus sign.
The mbutton inside the center console I am assumng? This button does not work either. The only way for me to open the trunk is to manually insert my key. Also, I am now using my new secondary fob which I have never used and still the issues remain.
Old 03-01-2014, 09:35 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Check to see if the trunk is getting a signal. I believe it is two wires. One hot one ground. One will remain all the time and when you push the button the other will send the signal.

Very easy to test. If there is no signal test at the button to see if there is power. That won't be easy as you might need to remove the console. If I remember the loom runs up the driver side shelf and might be able to test there. The plug pops out I don't remember if it is tight or not
Old 03-01-2014, 03:17 PM

Received 1,744 Likes on 1,039 Posts

As far as the instrument lights go; they may have reset after loss of power during battery change. You can set both daytime and nighttime (lights on) intensity levels.

Quick Reply: Trunk Lid Won't Open