S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Time to get my Password:JDM Intake to fit right--

Old 05-06-2009, 02:11 PM

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Time to get my Password:JDM Intake to fit right--

I installed it this weekend.

But I can't get the hood to close right.

In addition I hear a lotta vibration with it. More so almost like a BRAAAAAAAP sound. Hard to explain. I know that its not the sound that its supposed to make though, you can clearly hear it echoing it sounds horrible.

My first issue is getting the hood to close right,

Is it safe to grind down with a dremel, the part that the snorkel touches the top of the radiator or do I need to be worried about doing that??

I circled the area I'm refering to in the pic below.

Also. The center piece of this intake bolts to the same location that the OEM air box bolted to. That would be okay but the problem is they didn't supply proper bolts, and I had to reuse the ones that secured the OEM box.

I think if I used a few rubber washers, perhaps that would provide some kinda dampening that could help the vibration causing the BRRRAAAP rattling.

Finally, is there such thing as a high temp foam, that I could stick on to the bottom of the intake where it could hit pieces of the car's frame and possibly cause a rattle vibration?

If so, what should I look for? where could I find it??

Thanks for all your help guys.

I'm kinda pissed because for a grand I think this thing should fit perfect without jumping through all these hoops. Either way gotta get it to work, so any help would be greatly appreciated:

WHERE TO GRIND DOWN:

PICS OF MY INSTALL:

Old 05-06-2009, 03:27 PM
Former Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Have you been able to find any other Password JDM owner on the forum? They may have some first hand advice.

Have you reached out to Password JDM? I think they are a sponsor on the forum...they may be able to give some advice too.
Old 05-06-2009, 03:29 PM

The other guy that I have found on the forum with it has the same problems i do with fitment, he didn't mention a rattle issue.

I plan on calling password:jdm tomorrow. too late this afternoon.

I wasn't sure they'd help me since I didn't buy it though them, I got it through gotuning.com

but then i found out that THEY are an authorized dealer too so perhaps they will?
Old 05-06-2009, 03:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would definately contact both vendors....sh*t... for 1G?, I cant believe that the fitment is not dead on! What a dissapointment.
Good luck, Im sure either of the vendors will do you right. Gotuning has been in this game for many years. And PSW:JDM should also respond if they want their innovative S2k pieces to be bought by others.

Nonetheless, what a dissapointment to hear about a great looking product. It looks amazing.
Old 05-06-2009, 04:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i would try to raise the hood latch.
Old 05-06-2009, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by FitzyS2k,May 6 2009, 08:07 PM
i would try to raise the hood latch.
thats the first thing i did, and yes the hood closes but now i got a nasty just under a quarter inch gap all around that i dont find to be acceptable. I'd rather cut the hood, go grind down the radiator support than deal with that.
Old 05-06-2009, 07:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink

Originally Posted by starbai,May 6 2009, 08:27 PM
thats the first thing i did, and yes the hood closes but now i got a nasty just under a quarter inch gap all around that i dont find to be acceptable. I'd rather cut the hood, go grind down the radiator support than deal with that.
i don't even think you need to grind down the radiator support if you cut the hood.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:26 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Are you sure the fitment is with the snorkel, and not with the cooling plate? Either way i would like to hear about additional problems with this system, and how you can fix it.
Old 05-06-2009, 10:25 PM
Former Sponsor

Sees like everyone who has bought one recently has had fitment issues...and I believe out of the few that I've read, two of them just ended up cutting the hood...
Old 05-06-2009, 11:12 PM

1000$ for an intake is crazzzzy. Looks good but out of place for some reason.

Quick Reply: Time to get my Password:JDM Intake to fit right--