S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Threw a rod after Honda dealer re-built top end

Old 05-01-2013, 11:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by apme123
SDookie, you joined today, you have only one post. It sounds to me like you work for that dealership and came here to defend them. Please at least do your homework when it comes to this car and this forum. Most of the posters here know much more about this car then the so called techs, parts changers that work at this dealership. I wouldn't take my honda lawn mower to the honda dealership for the fear of them f@#king it up.
Old 05-01-2013, 05:14 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As I read this forum and I see a lot of SUPER STREET internet techs and only a few that seem to have the knowledge and ability. If you can't prove your knowledge and experience you should keep your tech and dealer bashing to yourself. As a Certified Honda Master Tech and Certified ASE Master Tech with 11 years of Honda experience it kills me to listen to the ignorance of the people who only open there hood to clean under it. For the original topic it sounds like this person bought a used S2000 that was rode hard on low oil and put up wet. It seems to be missing some details on the symptoms before both failures that are required for a proper diagnosis over the internet which isnt possible. P.S. for those who don't know Honda timing chains due tend to stretch with poor maintenance or maintenance done with garbage aftermarket overpriced parts
Old 05-01-2013, 06:15 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

That may be so, but I have talked to many dealership employees.

I don't doubt the expertise of most of them, but in all honestly, most dealerships see a S2000 rarely at best. A few have admitted to me that "your knowledge of this car far exceeds mine".

Folks can claim Honda certs till the cows come home, but if S2000 hands-on time is limited, you can't be an expert on this car.

Many of the members/owners here have spent tens to hundreds of hours on their own cars. I've had mine a decade, and have done plenty of work on it...including things the dealer said "was the dumbest idea I've ever heard".
Old 05-01-2013, 06:33 PM

Received 64 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by silvia240sx
buy a Nissan problem solved.
shit.. go back to zilvia and read about the issues they have. every other thread is "car wont start, what do i do?"
Old 05-01-2013, 06:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They were the last to break down and repair the motor.. regardless of where the failure was its their responsibility. They quoted you thousands of dollars to repair it and you paid.. then a day later it grenades ?? And then say it was the bottom end not what they worked on ?? That means an initial full diagnosis was not completed before initial work. If it was you would have spent the same on a rebuild. Not $3500 then $7k. Thats insane. Id get a lawyer
Old 05-01-2013, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by the internet fixes all
As I read this forum and I see a lot of SUPER STREET internet techs and only a few that seem to have the knowledge and ability. If you can't prove your knowledge and experience you should keep your tech and dealer bashing to yourself. As a Certified Honda Master Tech and Certified ASE Master Tech with 11 years of Honda experience it kills me to listen to the ignorance of the people who only open there hood to clean under it. For the original topic it sounds like this person bought a used S2000 that was rode hard on low oil and put up wet. It seems to be missing some details on the symptoms before both failures that are required for a proper diagnosis over the internet which isnt possible. P.S. for those who don't know Honda timing chains due tend to stretch with poor maintenance or maintenance done with garbage aftermarket overpriced parts

Lets see you have 1 post to your name. Are you SDOOKIE or his supervisor. "Honda timing chains due tend to stretch with poor maintenance or maintenance done with garbage aftermarket overpriced parts" What garbage parts might those be??? Timing chains don't have a service interval?? What kind of poor maintenance tends to stretch timing chains?? I would really like to hear. If you notice the original post states that the engine failed after the dealer did $3700 dollars worth of work. I don't know about you but I would be furious if the dealer would charge me $3700 dollars and my engine throws a rod the next day. So far you sound like another employee of this stupid dealership.
Old 05-01-2013, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by silvia240sx
buy a Nissan problem solved.

Those have timing chain problems when the car leaves the factory new, and as they get older. KA24 timing chain guides, VQ35 timing chain rattles. I personally stay away from Nissan other then a skyline or a nice SR20DET.
Old 05-01-2013, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by the internet fixes all

And what proof might you have of being a Certified Honda Master Tech and Certified ASE Master Tech?? Also being certified doesn't mean shit. You've been a tech for 11 years, but can you repair and diagnose cars properly???
Old 05-01-2013, 06:42 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 05-01-2013, 07:39 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

This is an good post! I hope you get your car fixed.

Quick Reply: Threw a rod after Honda dealer re-built top end