S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Those with MUGEN ECU

Old 01-14-2005, 10:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RazorV3,Jan 7 2005, 07:18 PM
i've heard better things about the amuse ECU.
Please guys ...

im talking about the Mugen N1 Ecu not the diffirence between the Amuse and Mugen.
Old 01-14-2005, 11:06 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ssalem,Jan 14 2005, 01:20 PM
Please guys ...

im talking about the Mugen N1 Ecu not the diffirence between the Amuse and Mugen.
It does provide improved response and a modest increase in power. It is a nice change as long as you can get decent gas, can live without the immobilizer, and a drop in gas mileage.
Old 02-24-2005, 05:39 PM

I heard that gas mileage woudl remain approx same !?
Old 02-24-2005, 10:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

..is the gas mileage drop very noticeable?
Old 02-25-2005, 10:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ssalem,Jan 14 2005, 11:20 AM
Please guys ...

You won't expect too much gains with the Mugen ECU but the driveability of the car has remarkable improved. Better acceleration and repsonse for sure.

Old 02-26-2005, 11:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Boy it has been a while since I had a taste of Mugen ECU...
Here is my observation after extended use.

The most difference will be noticed on the low-end and stand-still start where in stock you may experience bog when you stomp on the gas but in Mugen Ecu equipped, you will feel much improved response in acceleration without any bog.
It retains same VTEC and Rev-limit and I don't think any parameters changed post VTEC and if there is any, it would be too subtle to notice. However some monitoring from sensors are cut, so you may get consistent power delivery without usual ECU intervention. Also this would mean, you can run catless for even more extreme driving on track day.
As mentioned by cdelean, immobilizer function will be disabled so this may bother someone without any anti-theft prevention.
Out of 4 Mugen offereings(Exaust, Header, Intake, ECU), ECU was definitely money's worth for fun factor, not to mention on super ease of installation and portability. Also, should you wish to sell it(I don't see why you would, unless selling your car or going F/I), you will retain high re-sale value since parts are less likely to get worned. You may also gain some popularity should you be willing let your buddies try it on his or her car, but lend only to most trustworthy otherwise you may find them skip town with your Mugen ECU.

If you do lots of street driving, I recommend using ECU coupled with change in final gear. It would feel like your car just shed off monsterous weight.
Old 02-27-2005, 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by 1Randyc,Feb 27 2005, 12:38 AM
Boy it has been a while since I had a taste of Mugen ECU...
Here is my observation after extended use.

The most difference will be noticed on the low-end and stand-still start where in stock you may experience bog when you stomp on the gas but in Mugen Ecu equipped, you will feel much improved response in acceleration without any bog.
It retains same VTEC and Rev-limit and I don't think any parameters changed post VTEC and if there is any, it would be too subtle to notice. However some monitoring from sensors are cut, so you may get consistent power delivery without usual ECU intervention. Also this would mean, you can run catless for even more extreme driving on track day.
As mentioned by cdelean, immobilizer function will be disabled so this may bother someone without any anti-theft prevention.
Out of 4 Mugen offereings(Exaust, Header, Intake, ECU), ECU was definitely money's worth for fun factor, not to mention on super ease of installation and portability. Also, should you wish to sell it(I don't see why you would, unless selling your car or going F/I), you will retain high re-sale value since parts are less likely to get worned. You may also gain some popularity should you be willing let your buddies try it on his or her car, but lend only to most trustworthy otherwise you may find them skip town with your Mugen ECU.

If you do lots of street driving, I recommend using ECU coupled with change in final gear. It would feel like your car just shed off monsterous weight.
I used the Mugen ECU with my j's Racing CAI and Feel's exhaust and it was like you said better response and acceleration but after installing the Toda header, the car felt much better than before in acceleration and response.

i wonder what will be my impression when i install the J's racing 4.44 final gear?
Old 10-04-2006, 07:35 AM
Xd

I have installed the Mugen ECU, CAI, Header and exhaust. I have also removed the Cat and included the cooling mods. The car is much more responsive with these mods and becomes more driveable through the rev range. From the Dyno runs I have had, there is no real gains in peak power with this ECU but better oomph through the range. It also seems so resolve A/F ratio issues the car had with the stock ECU. I have tried to overlay two maps from this with and without the Mugen ECU, all values shown are reading at the wheels;

Below is the LMBDA readings with the stock ECU and Mugen kit

Old 10-04-2006, 08:43 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Tango Man,Oct 4 2006, 10:35 AM
I have installed the Mugen ECU, CAI, Header and exhaust. I have also removed the Cat and included the cooling mods. The car is much more responsive with these mods and becomes more driveable through the rev range.....
Yes, The Mugen setup is a pleasure to drive. Here is a link to a thread where my car with the Mugen parts dynos higher (213) than a couple of other cars with mods, but it is really good all around flexible and trouble free power that makes the Mugen parts such a good setup.

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showt...0&#entry4929695