S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Are there any limitations on the Greddy e-mannage ECU????

Old 02-28-2003, 09:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So what would one need to hook this thing up.
I will give this to my technician to tune and istall.
Are there any wiring diagrams available on this forum specifically showing how to wire the emanage to the s2k ecu?
Or should I buy a honda wiring diagram manual and then cross reference it with emanage instructions?
Old 02-28-2003, 10:45 AM

Received 72 Likes on 61 Posts

I plan to use an e-manage also, instead of the VAFC (I'm leaning towards all motor, a la Hams2000), mainly because of it's ability to adjust timing. I appreciate this thread, as its confirmed some things I've suspected (thanks wes), and I'll probably pick one up around May/June. Perhaps as more people begin to use this thing it might be beneficial to start a sticky thread, or better a seperate forum group for posting librarys and questions specific to the e-manage.... they have this on the rx7 forums and it is quite nice, and very easy to find and share info and techniques....although they don't currently have a seperated forum for the e-manage....

check it out, maybe there is info in there that can help people on this board as well...

http://www.rx7club.com/forum/forumdisplay.....php?forumid=37
Old 03-01-2003, 07:29 AM

Originally posted by David b
I wonder if the outputs for additional injectors could be used to trigger the water injection?
I believe I read on the GReddy web site that there is an output that can control water injection. I'm also planning to use water injection on my UR turbo setup.
Old 03-01-2003, 09:07 AM

So what would one need to hook this thing up.
Are there any wiring diagrams available on this forum specifically showing how to wire the emanage to the s2k ecu
Or should I buy a honda wiring diagram manual and then cross reference it with emanage instructions?
Bump
Anyone??
Old 03-01-2003, 09:12 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, what he said
Old 03-01-2003, 09:28 PM

If interested, these guys seem to have the best price on the e-manage

http://www.gruppe-s.com/Greddy/greddyelec.htm
Old 03-01-2003, 11:47 PM

Hi
I am running the e-manage with 540cc injectors and using a wiring loom made up by Jaker (although my initial drawing needed correction).
The e-manage controls the injectors well. I have not gone for timing yet - that happens next. A quick warning - because you are controlling the injectors directly and the ECU is closed loop you will get rapid cycling of rich to lean in closed loop until you get the low end very tightly tuned. I have bought a 'package' from ultimate that included their loom diagram, jumper settings, set-up software tuning file and injectors. This has saved me a lot of time as it runs first time and just needs a fine tune as their 7psi turbo curve spools faster than an SC - but I'd rather be taking fuel out than adding it!
I will try and publish the wiring diagram based upon using the E-Manage with the Vortech timing box and an interspace loom when I know it all works OK
MACA
Old 03-02-2003, 12:04 AM

Hi
A basic diagram without the Vortech box and no interspace loom follows:

Make sure you wire your earths correctly and wire the Greddy as the attached and the timing box as per the Vortech. Also, as an added precaution I wired the injector earth very close to the ECU and the main earth closer to the car side. All seems to work OK.
Good luck
MACA
Old 03-02-2003, 07:47 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanx for the drawing and the input!

a couple of things:
1) Jakar is a person or a company? In other words can I buy the loom?
2) I don't understand the term interspace loom.
3) how hard was it to get the low end tuned? Did you just use an A/F meter or did it require dyno time? WOT I would thing would need dyno, but cruise and low end I was thinking just A/F meter. Which A/F meter did you use?
Old 03-02-2003, 09:29 AM

1) Jaker (Jacques) is the userid of a fellow S2Ki member in Canada.
2) He makes up the loom which connects one end into the factory loom and the other into the ECU. You then solder your Greddy ECU into that (hence the term interspace/ spacer loom)
3) Haven't got the low end tuned yet. Will get the whole lot done with a MOTEC dealer who uses the PLM system as that can take the MAP output plus RPM as well as air/fuel and tell you what fuel to dial in at what MAP vs RPM point. Hope to do this soon.

Quick Reply: Are there any limitations on the Greddy e-mannage ECU????