S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Are there any limitations on the Greddy e-mannage ECU????

Old 02-27-2003, 08:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

they actually recommended that I get my money back since there were no tuners in my area.

thats really bad, talk about lack of customer service thanks for all the feed back guys I think I'm gonna go for the greddy! if it don't do what I want I can always sell it and get the EMS .
Just another question if anyone knows, will the Greddy be able to control a water mist injection kit as well?? (probably asking abit much now)
Andy
Old 02-27-2003, 03:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have had great sucess with the emanage as well regarding forced induction applications utilizing the fuel and ignition harness's. However we did not use the optional pressure harness. The emanage is nice economical system that gets rid of the the "FMU Bandaide" approach.

Just another question if anyone knows, will the Greddy be able to control a water mist injection kit as well?? (probably asking abit much now)
That would be nice
However the emanage can only control fuel and timing (boost w/ the eo-1)
Old 02-27-2003, 04:00 PM

1) Can you change your rev limit?

2) Is there a safety thing whereby if it sense you all of a sudden are running lean, it either cuts off or injects more fuel?

I thought I recalled hearing the the AEM can do that.
Old 02-27-2003, 07:00 PM

To my knowledge you cannot change the rev limit only VTEC engagement. As far as saftey features are concerned, if you lean out it will not cut or add fuel. You will need a wideband or Greddy A/F wideband at the least to monitor your A/F
Old 02-27-2003, 07:46 PM

Wesmaster can one use 550 0r 500cc injectors with the emanage since it can only trim or add fuel by 20%.

And does one need a s2k electronic diagram manual to properly wire this unit in. Is it as simple to wire in as the VAFC?

I am just scared of getting the unit because it may be a nightmare to wire up.....Thanks
Old 02-27-2003, 08:20 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It sounds to me like someone could make a little extra money if they just put together a wiring harness and sold them.

i hadn't thought about water injection, which I want. Are there any extra outputs or is it solely fuel and timing. I couldn't tell from the website.

It never ceases to amaze me at how little information some people put on their websites. They give the standard advertising promo stuff you can get in print. The web is the ideal place to put the down and dirty details that would be too expensive to put into print ads.
Old 02-27-2003, 08:38 PM

Originally posted by boostins2k
...since it can only trim or add fuel by 20%.
Where did you hear that from?

The MAP sensor map can do +/- 50% and the Injector Duty Cycle map can do 0-100% as an increase compared to the stock duty cycle (50% + 10% = %55).

For anyone interested the manuals can be viewed at
http://www.mohdparts.com/emanage/
Old 02-27-2003, 09:02 PM

Got the manual, but the eo1 presentation etc looked good now if only I could read Japanese. Do you know where the same type of info might be avail in English?

Is that where you bought your unit?
Old 02-27-2003, 09:03 PM

I think he got the 20% figure from the VAFC unit.
Old 02-27-2003, 11:05 PM

Originally posted by David b
Is that where you bought your unit?
No, I bought mine off of groupbuycenter.com. I got a really good deal. I think I came away with the eManage, support tool cable, injector and ignition harnesses for around $500. They actually sent me two ignition harnesses instead of an injector harness but we adapted the extra one to be an ignition harness instead of messing with a return.

Quick Reply: Are there any limitations on the Greddy e-mannage ECU????