S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Are there any limitations on the Greddy e-mannage ECU????

Old 10-21-2003, 03:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by AusS2000
Anyone have a list of jumper settings for the E-manage on S2000? Or is it just the 4-8-C set up?
Again...thanks to Wesmaster:

The jumpers are set in this manner:
JP1 - 1-2 (Left two of three)
JP2 - 1-2 (Right two of three)
JP3 - 2-3 (Left two of three)
JP4 - 1-2 (Both two)
JP5 - Open (None)
JP6 - Open (None)
JP7 - Open (None)

This may be your next question so I'm posting the document that he created for us (Thanks Wes).

http://www.redlnr.com/S2000_eManage_Install.htm

Dan
Old 10-21-2003, 03:18 PM

What is the limit of the OEM MAP sensor? I think someone mentioned 0.7 ATM (9.8 psi). Is that correct?
I believe the stock MAP sensor is good for about 14 psi, the same for all Hondas
Old 10-21-2003, 03:31 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Wesmaster
Old 10-21-2003, 03:42 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by fperra
Old 10-21-2003, 03:45 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I thought it took a while for the ecu to relearn some bad habits and pulling it weekly or so was all that was needed.
Old 10-21-2003, 03:59 PM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

After the ECU is reset it takes a while to relearn how to idle and often stalls. It would prefer to find the better way to tune than to constantly reset the ECU.
Old 10-21-2003, 05:37 PM

I have never had that problem. In trying to get rid of a maintenance required light I pulled the fuse last night. It idled fine instantly.

I pull it before an autocross event and never an idle prob. I have never had a stall problem either.

As I understand it, until you totally get rid of the stock ecu there is no way to get around it.
Old 10-21-2003, 05:51 PM

After the ECU is reset it takes a while to relearn how to idle and often stalls. It would prefer to find the better way to tune than to constantly reset the ECU.
I am running without the fuse and the car starts and idles the same as with the the fuse. However, it definitly runs better now in open loop conditions. I believe that if you try to dyno tune the car with the fuse in place and the knock sensor retards the timing, your next dyno run will be with an adjusted timing curve to compenaste for the knock and you will end up with less HP even though you made adjustments in the fuel map which should have increased the HP.
Old 10-21-2003, 06:08 PM

I have been told that the biggest issue with the stock ecu isn't the timing, although it does learn to cut (and somehow never seems to learn to add), but long term and short term fuel memory.

If the ecu has to make too much adjustment for too long a period then the ecu learns. It can modify it's maps up to a certain point and then it throws a CEL. All of your tuning is now based upon leaner maps (cause you are usually throwing more fuel at it to compensate for the FI) and you have lean issues. Resetting the ecu puts you back to stock maps.

If you have tuned based upon stock maps and the ecu changes those maps then your adjustments get further and further out of wack and you either have to fiddle with your settings to get you back to optimum or find a way to get back to stock maps.

I have worked with a couple of nationally known tuners on the S and they hate the learning ecus because nothing stays the same. One has recommended a switch that automatically cuts and then restores the power to that fuse everytime you restart the car.

Then there is the issue of starting your car at one altitude and then changing altitude quite a bit like going into the mountains or vice versa. You have to stop and restart your engine or else your maps will be wrong. It seems several manufacturers only check the altitude/pressure or whatever at start up and have that issue. I don't understand why when they sell cars in many areas of the world that a car might change altitude quite a bit in their normal daily routine.
Old 10-21-2003, 07:57 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by fperra

Quick Reply: Are there any limitations on the Greddy e-mannage ECU????