S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Test pipe leAk help (BERK TP)

Old 04-26-2016, 01:33 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm having the same issue. Oem header and there is a small leak where the header meets the test pipe. I posted on the socal forums here. Part is brand new as well
Old 04-26-2016, 06:24 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by windhund116
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i2...psxaebhjbc.jpg

If you look at the two pipes, the angles and geometry of the pipes are slightly different. I think this maybe contributing to the miss-fit, as much as flange issues.
Yes I noticed that too but don't know if they changed the design on the 63mm. THe other on in that pic is a Berk 70mm and I never had any fitting issues with it.

Originally Posted by starchland
I think the parts are designed to work with the oem header. From what I remember there is a small metal ridge at the flange of the header about 1/4 that seems to be the difference...been awhile
I have used a Berk 70mm tp with no issues so I know they are compatible with stock header.

Originally Posted by alSpeed2k
Doesn't look like you're going to get any help from Berk. How about adding some Permatex Ultra Copper gasket maker to the donut?
I'd like to stay optimistic....... Maybe Berk will hear us out. If not, I'm not going to support them anymore.

Originally Posted by dv55xc
I'm having the same issue. Oem header and there is a small leak where the header meets the test pipe. I posted on the socal forums here. Part is brand new as well
Thanks for your contribution. It seems that this is an issue with their 63mm test pipes. I wonder if they recently re designed it.

Anybody have an older 63mm TP? I'm wondering if they look the same.
Old 04-27-2016, 09:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine came from Berk directly. It's a 63mm test-pipe. Need to find a way to seal this.

Originally Posted by nos4you
Originally Posted by xpressive' timestamp='1461688543' post='23948883
I have the same issue. Brand new TP from Berk in March and the spring bolts cinch all the way down and there is still a leak..
Thank you for your contribution. It seems like there is an issue with Berks test pipe fitment. What size is yours?

I bought mine last year around August/September. Hope Berk see's this thread and will do some action.
Old 04-27-2016, 09:55 AM
Site Moderator
Super Moderator

Received 355 Likes on 308 Posts

Maybe a silly question but have you tried using you old donut gasket and bolts? Are all the new parts OEM Honda or aftermarket? Maybe something is just a little different and it is not sealing up right?
Old 04-27-2016, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Manga_Spawn
Maybe a silly question but have you tried using you old donut gasket and bolts? Are all the new parts OEM Honda or aftermarket? Maybe something is just a little different and it is not sealing up right?
Yes I tried my original gasket and hardware first and when that didn't work I tried brand new oem gasket and hardware. Same leak. Same problem.
Old 04-27-2016, 11:03 AM

Received 174 Likes on 132 Posts

My 60mm invade tp leaks at the same spot as well. I'll probably apply exhaust gasket as mentioned earlier there to stop it.
Old 07-15-2016, 05:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Was this ever resolved? I'm in the same scenario as you mentioned here except I have a Berk 63.5mm HFC, but the rest the same.

Everything is new: gaskets, bolts, springs etc.

I called Berk last week and they told me their tech person is out until end of next week.
Old 07-15-2016, 09:37 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is this only limited to Berk test pipes? But their high flow cats are just fine?
Old 07-15-2016, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by uzabatty
Was this ever resolved? I'm in the same scenario as you mentioned here except I have a Berk 63.5mm HFC, but the rest the same.

Everything is new: gaskets, bolts, springs etc.

I called Berk last week and they told me their tech person is out until end of next week.
Nope... they refuse the respond to any emails. I have sent several. I still have a brand new Berk test pipe sitting in my garage because of this.
Old 07-16-2016, 04:12 AM

Received 80 Likes on 60 Posts

hub centric rings work very well as donut gasket spacers for header. this is how i fixed my leak. i put it behind the gasket to help push it out further

Quick Reply: Test pipe leAk help (BERK TP)