S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Tein Flex

Old 06-04-2005, 03:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tein Flex

I just had them installed a couple of days ago, and the ride is horrible. My Espelir springs with blown shocks rode better. I don't know if the shop installed them wrong or if it's my settings. If someone could help me out I would greatly appreciate it.
Old 06-04-2005, 03:30 PM

Do you know what the shocks are set at as far as the damping? I have a set on my daily driver and they work great. I run them at about 4 to 6 for daily driving. If they are set at 16 the thing will ride like a go kart (or an Evo, my last car).

To adjust, pull the cap off the top end of the shock. Screw the adjuster in (clockwise) all the way until it stops.

Start to unscrew the adjuster (counter clockwise) and count each "click".

Like I say I run mine about 4 (which would be 12 turns backed off from the closed position).

The manual says not to unscrew more than 16 clicks, which is the softest setting.

Here is the web page with the instructions for adjustments.

Good luck,

Bob

http://www.tein.com/ti/inst/6a58u.pdf

Old 06-05-2005, 04:37 PM

i think maybe it did have something to do with your setting, dampering, soft or hard. tein is the best one out there right now, you chose tein, best choice, i have a honda accord with tein ss damper kit, smooth. how to set the damper level, soft or hard, all in the instruction booklet.
Old 06-06-2005, 03:54 PM

Thanks guys. I knew that's what it was, i wanted to make sure. I should have done that before i posted. Now i feel like a dumba@#. I've seen a few people running 12/14, and that's what i had it set at. I guess they can deal with the crappy ride.
Old 06-06-2005, 04:00 PM

I just installed my Flex's last week and been playing with the settings also. I am not totally satisified yet with the dampening. Its not horrible, but i feel it should be a little better. I cant find the happy medium between bouncy and too stiff. I am just curious if you guys are running the same setting all the way around... or do you guys set the front different than the rear?? thanks.
Old 06-06-2005, 10:41 PM

i don't know what's the maximum setting level on the Tein Flex, but for the Tein SS, i think the max is 16, or something like that. i think, well, my opinion, stay somewhere in the middle, medium, i would set 8 in the back and 4 in front. or i could set 4s all around, or i all around, not too soft, not too stiff. know your damper kit's maximum setting level and then you could figure out the medium point of the kit. in essence, your car will eventually have an equal dampering of smoothness and stiffness.

play around with it until you could get the feel of the expensive damper kit.

am i making any sense here guys? haha english is my second language, so execuse my grammar.
Old 06-07-2005, 05:28 AM

I now have mine set at 6/8, and it's getting better. I think i'll try 4/8 or 6 and see how that goes.
Old 06-07-2005, 05:41 AM

I use 4/8 and love it. 16/16 is nice for bumpy city roads where I live though. Gotta love EDFC.
Old 06-07-2005, 01:55 PM

So you guys are talking front/rear when you are talking about settings right??

i am at about 6 all the way around right now, but it seems a little boucy in the rear though. Maybe i'll set the rear to 7 or 8 and see how that goes next. I have to wait till it stops raining though.

also, just wondering, how much of a drop are you guys running with these settings??
Old 06-07-2005, 02:31 PM

I'm low enough to where the fender is almost at the tires, i don't know how many inches, and i have 18's. I was also wondering did anyone adjust the lower part of the coilovers.

Quick Reply: Tein Flex