S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

TCT REVIEW-Why I Choose and Support Billman's Product

Old 04-10-2015 | 09:23 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by cosmomiller
Originally Posted by Jah2000' timestamp='1428647914' post='23572941
How much is Billman's TCT?
Click on Billmans link on his signature for the latest and greatest.
I have. He doesn't post any prices though.

Edit:
Just got the price and core charge info via PM. Thanks.
Old 04-13-2015 | 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Slowcrash_101
It shouldn't turn, but that little bit of spin is ok, as long as you're not driving the piston almost all the way out with the worm gear. You may have moved it one or two threads on the worm gear at most, and it probably already travels this much normally.

Put a ratchet or wrench on the bolt so that it doesn't move at all, then at the same time, kind of pull the bolt with a pair of fingers with the hand that's holding the ratchet or wrench. You should then be able to undo the nut almost by hand(because you took spring tension off the nut by pulling on the bolt). The bolt is threaded into the worm gear, the nut is not, so if you really held the bolt without moving the piston should extend outward without moving. Other than the little bit it will spin as the small inner spring pushes against the worm gear and screws it out a bit.

Come to think of it, it's probably easier to just use vice grips to hold the bolt because it takes very little torque. That way you can get proper hand leverage to pull on the bolt then undo the nut. In a way, you are making yourself the pin, instead of the pin that normally goes on the tensioner.
Great detailed write-up, I'll definitely use these tips to install Billman's TCT as soon as I get one. For now, I decided not to take the current TCT out again for recompression, but just checked for possible excess tension by unscrewing both bolts holding TCT to cylinder head. TCT didn't move out at all, so I consider one-finger-test as passed.
Old 04-13-2015 | 02:35 PM
15 Year Member

I just had one installed at the Dragon event, the odd noises that I previously had disappeared immediately, glad I got one.
Old 04-14-2015 | 12:53 PM

Same story here. Billman knocked mine out about an hour after I got there. I knew mine needed to be replaced. New one went in and instant silence. Glad it's over and done with. Plus at the dragon he offered a pretty good discount and took my old one right there. Just not having to deal with shipping my old one out was really nice.
Old 05-12-2015 | 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by Billman250
Yes, there is a partial credit.
Hey man, I want to buy your TCT, PM sent already few days ago. Thanks.
Old 05-12-2015 | 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by zeroptzero
I just had one installed at the Dragon event, the odd noises that I previously had disappeared immediately, glad I got one.
What "weird noises?" Not just the common TCT clicking?
Old 07-18-2015 | 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by Billman250
Yes no problem. GenX covers all stock and fi. GenX-4 covers aftermarket cam application and decked cylinder head or thinner head gasket.

hello billman im really sorry for contacting you this way. but ive been trying to pm you all day about a tct but the site wont let me do anything. i cant view your profile it keeps giving me an error. i wanna buy one of your tensioners so please pm me or something. this is my e-mail if it helps k_skatewillve@yahoo.com
thanks for your time.
Old 07-18-2015 | 09:50 PM

Iv put less than 10k miles on my Ballade TCT and Autowave just confirmed my chain and gear need to be replaced now, not sure if they are related but I had Alex install it for me when i bought it and everything was in perfect condition at that time
Old 08-12-2015 | 10:33 AM

Just ordered mine! Cant wait to get it, so i can get my s2k back on the road!
Old 08-14-2015 | 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by volcomboy390
Iv put less than 10k miles on my Ballade TCT and Autowave just confirmed my chain and gear need to be replaced now, not sure if they are related but I had Alex install it for me when i bought it and everything was in perfect condition at that time

wow!

Quick Reply: TCT REVIEW-Why I Choose and Support Billman's Product