S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Taking my car into the Dealer :(

Old 07-27-2007, 03:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I rear ended someone going about 15MPH dead on. Damage was all in the front.
Old 07-27-2007, 03:24 PM

this sounds like theres something wrong with your airpump and components thats surrond the pump area.. the airpump is located behind the front bumper on the left side(in front of the front left wheel.)..
Old 07-27-2007, 03:34 PM

I'll have to look at the breakdown when I get home to see if a new one was orded. The shop billed my insurance 10K to fix my car....ouch!
Old 07-27-2007, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by LuDawg,Jul 27 2007, 12:21 PM
LOL....well for shyts and giggles go on Ebay and type in Honda S2000 chips and a few will pop up....supposidly they send signals to the ECU and adjust the fuel curve. I kid you not I felt a little differance! I guess no one else out there has tried this????
just lies to the computer so it dumps more fuel in.. but more fuel doesnt always mean more power.. .. yea those chips are bad since ur car doesnt run at 100% and you just burn more gas if anything
Old 07-28-2007, 03:29 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nobody has mentioned this, but by taking off the aftermarket parts and re-installing all the OEM parts, aren't you mis-representing the state of your car for the purpose of maintaining a warrantee? That sounds like fraud to me. Just something for you to think about.

However, based on your accident history and the fault code related to a problem with the air pump, you may have recourse with the insurance company as an add-on to the repair. That would mean that you would not have to face an ethical dilemma .

Good luck with the repair.
Old 07-28-2007, 04:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im thinking its the chip...i think i was geting the same codes when i put my V-AFC and wasn't connected right....
Old 07-28-2007, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by iam7head,Jul 27 2007, 01:39 AM
i stopped reading when you said ebay chip actually worked.

no, the warranty is long gone with your list.
HAHAHA SAME THING HERE!!!

seriously first thing is first get the ebay chip off your car...all it does is modify the voltage for the o2 sensor or something else to "trick" the ecu into overloading your engine with fuel...or lean it out which is exceptionally dangerous without proper tuning...lets hope it just gives more fuel...doing shit like this is extremely dangerous as the engine will try to compensate naturally...this will really screw shit up honestly...you might think your getting more power but your really not...take it to the dyno and see..seriously just make sure you reset your ecu between pulls...

honestly that could be your problem
Old 07-30-2007, 07:59 AM

LOL. OK Ebay chip is off and I also put the stock cat back in this weekend. Checked over the paper work and the air pump was not replaced when the body shop fixed my car. Took the S to the dealership this morning and they said they'll call me as soon as they figure out whats wrong. The chip has been in my car for over a year and no CEL would come one so I am thinking like profpin that the air pump was damaged during the accident since it sits right up front where the damage occured. I'll give an update as soon as I hear word.

P.S. EBAY Chip will not be put back into my car. Sounds like it will cause more damage in the long run..... Thanks for the 411!

Lu Dawg
Old 07-30-2007, 03:35 PM

OK. Quick update. Just called the dealer to get status and the dude said they were going to order a new air pump. I did a search in here and it seems that in most instances when you get into a front end collision these seem to go out. The Dealer is ordering the air pump today and should have it in by Wednesday. Crossing my fingers this should solve my problems. If you have been reading the post my main concern was that what ever was wrong with my car I was hoping would be covered by my insurance. I think in this case the collision caused the air pump malfunction.....do you agree or do you think I will need to come out of pocket? I hope not cause I'm getting married in 6 weeks and money is tight right now.... if you know what I mean.

Lu Dawg
Old 08-01-2007, 07:15 PM

Got my car back from the dealer. The air selinoid that sites in the front; behind the frame had a short circut. The mechanic determined it was not due to the accident so I had to pay out of my own pocket. Sucks! I am going to see if I can fight it though because I did not have this issue until after I got into the accident. Think I have a chance or should I just write this one off as a loss.........

Lu Dawg

PS- iam7head , thanks...I am not an idiot.... I was just trying to give an update in the heat of the moment! Sometimes I think faster then I can type. Good looking out. Peace!

Quick Reply: Taking my car into the Dealer :(