S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Taking my car into the Dealer :(

Old 07-26-2007, 02:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Taking my car into the Dealer :(

Sup folks,

I finally decided to take my car in to the dealership for repair as it was throwing the P1457, and P1410 CEL. I ran all the searches and received great advise but nothing seemed to work. Here's my question. My car is still under warranty (Barely) and since I have bought my car in 03' I have installed an AEM cold air intake, Some chip off Ebay ($50.00, supposed to give me some more HP....kind of works actually), DC Header, Invidia test pipe, CF Radiotor cooler. I was involved in an acident so I am thinking something was not fixed properly as the CEL started coming on afterwards. The body shop wants me to take my car into the dealership to determine if the wreck caused the issue. Here's my question. In anyones opinion do you think I will get slack, i.e. void the warranty for having those parts installed? Please help as I am taking it in on Monday and if I need to un-install anything I will have the weekend to do it. Thanks

LuDawg
Old 07-26-2007, 04:12 PM

Received 241 Likes on 180 Posts

You are not withing the factory warranty period. The car is only warrantied for 36 months. If you have a Honda Care contract, they will likely say your modifications void it.
Old 07-26-2007, 04:17 PM

take out your test pipe, you can get into some real crap for it. Put the stock cat back on

P1457 = EVAP Emission Control System Leak Detected (Control Canister System)

P1410 = Air Pump Malfunction
Old 07-26-2007, 08:03 PM

Thanks for the tip. I did get my car used by Honda so it came with a Honda certified warranty for up to 48K miles non powertrain and 100K powertrain. Maybe the month thing was hidden in the contract. Hopefully the dealer will determine it was due to the accident so it will be covered by my insurance. So just the test pipe huh. I'll replace it with the stock one. Thanks!
Old 07-26-2007, 10:39 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i stopped reading when you said ebay chip actually worked.

no, the warranty is long gone with your list.
Old 07-27-2007, 07:38 AM

LOL, I knew I was going to get shyt for bringing up the ebay chip.hahhaha. OK, I guess I have a long weekend ahead of me. I'm going to take off the test pipe and Intake and replace with the stock ones. Taking off the CF radiotor cooler too so the dealer won't f it up only leaving me with the only aftermarket part of the DC header.....kind of sad actually. Thanks for the advise! PEACE!

LuDawg
Old 07-27-2007, 12:08 PM

Care to elaborate on this Ebay chip..hehe
Old 07-27-2007, 12:21 PM

LOL....well for shyts and giggles go on Ebay and type in Honda S2000 chips and a few will pop up....supposidly they send signals to the ECU and adjust the fuel curve. I kid you not I felt a little differance! I guess no one else out there has tried this????
Old 07-27-2007, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by LuDawg,Jul 27 2007, 01:21 PM
LOL....well for shyts and giggles go on Ebay and type in Honda S2000 chips and a few will pop up....supposidly they send signals to the ECU and adjust the fuel curve. I kid you not I felt a little differance! I guess no one else out there has tried this????
Those chips are generally not good for the motor from what I've heard. I've personally never used one in any of my cars, even my old Prelude back in the day when I used to speed race everyone.
Old 07-27-2007, 02:49 PM

Are you sure your difference was in a positive way? Your car may have became slower.

Were you hit in the front or drivers side? Would help justify the P1410.

Quick Reply: Taking my car into the Dealer :(