S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Sway bar comparison question

Old 05-14-2004, 07:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sway bar comparison question

What is the difference in the front swaybars produced by Saner, Computech, and Whiteline? The Saner bar seems quite a bit less costly - would a person be giving up something by using the less expensive bar? If so, what?
Old 05-14-2004, 11:39 AM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Saner has 3 levels of adjustability, Comptech has 5, Whiteline has none.

All of them are stiffer than stock but the Comptech and Saner can go quite a bit stiffer and of course since they're adjustable you can tune the car's behavior with some testing. Whiteline is non-adjustable so you get what you get but for many people that migh be fine.

The real question you need to answer is what problem are you trying to solve by putting in a different bar. Once you know that, you can make an intelligent choice.

If you need more info on Saner or Comptech, feel free to PM me as we sell those in the S2KI store.
Old 05-14-2004, 03:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ludedude -

You are quite correct in asking about the use - I should have mentioned it!

I'm autocrossing the car, and just bought a set of Victoracers. The fronts are 225/50/16.

I've not tried them yet, but from what I hear I'll want to stiffen the front sway bar to reduce the oversteer from the wider front tires.

I'm staying stock (by SCCA rules) so the front bar is one of few changes I can make.

Since I've not actually mounted the tires yet I don't know what they will do, but based on other threads I'm looking ahead to selecting a sway bar.

Thanks for any input!
Old 05-14-2004, 03:28 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, that makes it easier to answer your question

For autocross with the 225 fronts (and you're right, you will need to stiffen the front to run those tires and keep the rear in check), you're going to want the adjustability of either the Comptech or the Saner. This will allow you to tune the car's response depending if you're on asphalt or concrete surfaces.

Here's an excellent thread, written by a prominent SCCA stock class S2000 autocrosser, about car setup. This should give you all the information you need regarding making the right choice between the bars. http://forums.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.p...threadid=172595

Shoot me a note if you have more Q's

Originally posted by LILRED2
Ludedude -

You are quite correct in asking about the use - I should have mentioned it!

I'm autocrossing the car, and just bought a set of Victoracers. The fronts are 225/50/16.

I've not tried them yet, but from what I hear I'll want to stiffen the front sway bar to reduce the oversteer from the wider front tires.

I'm staying stock (by SCCA rules) so the front bar is one of few changes I can make.

Since I've not actually mounted the tires yet I don't know what they will do, but based on other threads I'm looking ahead to selecting a sway bar.

Thanks for any input!