S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

suspension advice needed from expert

Old 10-26-2004, 05:20 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bobmoheb
I am looking for some more advice from someone that is completely sure about what they are talking about will this set up help me out at all
I am completely sure that kitwetzler has given good, accurate advice. Don't start spending money until you have a good understanding of what you want. A driving school is an excellent first step.

Originally Posted by GHS2K,Oct 25 2004, 09:08 PM
The car is A LOT more planted on the ground when you take a corner, and bump steer is decreased dramatically.
I think this is a misperception rather than reality. Stiffening the chassis has very little effect on the suspension geometry, and bump steer has to do with camber and toe changes as the suspension is compressed. You may feel less vibration and decreased ride harshness, but that's about all you'll get from any of the mentioned chassis braces.
Old 10-26-2004, 07:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well everyone thanks for the advice as i said up top the strutbar, xbrace, and rear cross beam are already installed. i took it upon my self and am having them install both front and rear sway bars today and i will let everyone know how it feels. by the way imo the parts that have been installed so far have made a huge difference in handling. the car feels a lot more stable even when going at high speeds in a straight line. i will let you know when i get it back and what i think. again thank you for the advice.
Old 10-26-2004, 09:51 AM

A lot of the handling improvement you are feeling is from lightening your wallet, my friend.
Old 10-26-2004, 10:59 AM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GHS2K,Oct 25 2004, 07:08 PM
... bump steer is decreased dramatically...
Bumpsteer is a by-product of suspension geometry changing through the range of its travel. Please explain how bolting a thin piece of metal alongside the existing frame is going to affect suspension geometry.
Old 10-26-2004, 01:00 PM

bobmoheb
I think you should go to Hondalife.com and check out the suspention articles they have. They are very good and will help you to start understanding about suspention.
Old 10-26-2004, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by bobmoheb,Oct 26 2004, 08:55 AM
well everyone thanks for the advice as i said up top the strutbar, xbrace, and rear cross beam are already installed. i took it upon my self and am having them install both front and rear sway bars today and i will let everyone know how it feels. by the way imo the parts that have been installed so far have made a huge difference in handling. the car feels a lot more stable even when going at high speeds in a straight line. i will let you know when i get it back and what i think. again thank you for the advice.
I've always wondered why people ask for advice and then ignore it. People should just come right out and say, "This is what I want to do. Please tell me it is correct. If you don't think it is correct, please don't respond." They would be a lot happier with the responses they get.
Old 10-26-2004, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by mikegarrison,Oct 26 2004, 01:40 PM
I've always wondered why people ask for advice and then ignore it. People should just come right out and say, "This is what I want to do. Please tell me it is correct. If you don't think it is correct, please don't respond." They would be a lot happier with the responses they get.
i actually talked to a guy locally to me and he had a similar set up and said he liked it a lot and advised me that it just depends on your driving habits so i installed it to see if it fits me. anyway i would like to thank all the positive people in here that were willing to coach me and i would like to tell all the negative people that they should learn why this forums like this are created. it's to help each other out and not make fun of them so screw off.
Old 10-26-2004, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by bobmoheb,Oct 26 2004, 03:01 PM
anyway i would like to thank all the positive people in here that were willing to coach me and i would like to tell all the negative people that they should learn why this forums like this are created. it's to help each other out and not make fun of them so screw off.
Be careful there -- that sounded a bit negative. You wouldn't want to be negative, would you?
Old 10-26-2004, 03:19 PM

One of the best suspension advice I can give you is

1- Driving school/track/seat time, autox event's, and Driftbible! haha
2- Having the correct tire size, and brand/type like s02's!!
3- An alighnment: the eurospec is a bit more agressive than usdm and isn't too bad on tire wear.
4- A front sway bar is good to have to be competative in autox astock/bstock. comptech, or sanar are reallly good.
5- As I read many past threads, a rear sway bar isn't needed. "The last thing we need is more oversteer." They even say they remove it. ( don't know what they ment by that)
6. Coilovers are nice to have, but you can be cheepo and buy a set of used kg/mm race springs, and throw some koni yellow's on them.
7- x braces, rear stb, front stb, front/mid/rear tie down's are pretty much useless. They do loook pretty though and make the engine bay look complete. However, the money spent on those is better well spent on track time, driving or a set of good coilovers.