S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

supercharging car soon need ideas to make max power and tuning

Old 04-09-2012, 11:35 AM

Received 1,403 Likes on 840 Posts

How about upgraded oil jet bolts or you WILL, for certain, blow the engine by destroying the cylinder walls.
Old 04-09-2012, 12:15 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Billman250
How about upgraded oil jet bolts or you WILL, for certain, blow the engine by destroying the cylinder walls.
heyy how come you havent supercharged your s2k? I mean it is after all bullet proof, what could possibly go wrong!
Old 04-09-2012, 12:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

where should i get the upgraded oil jet bolts? thanks drkphnx . what do i need to make this sc very reliable and not having to worry engine failure
Old 04-09-2012, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Moddiction
You definitely need a fuel pump. Not maybe. You can try and run the kit off the fmu it comes with but many people, myself included have run very lean with it and had to upgrade to standalone ecu and injectors.

A wide and gauge I'd say is 100% necessary.

so i should get the fuel pump and what size injectors?
Old 04-09-2012, 03:51 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Sherman818
Originally Posted by Moddiction' timestamp='1333984020' post='21589991
You definitely need a fuel pump. Not maybe. You can try and run the kit off the fmu it comes with but many people, myself included have run very lean with it and had to upgrade to standalone ecu and injectors.

I think you need to do more research.

If you are sticking with the stock ECU (no AEM, Hondata, Haltech), you MUST use stock injectors. For fuel pump, you will need one...Walbro 255HP (high pressure) is the one you want. New injectors means a new ECU and tuning...easily a $2,000 proposition.

The stock injectors are going to support 6psi, 7psi if you're real lucky and have a lot of fuel headroom and a way to adjust fuel trim. If you're not going with a full standalone ECU and injectors, manage your expectations. I'd say 280whp is a realistic expectation...320whp is NOT.

Wideband AFR gauge is needed...definitely. Boost gauge, not so much. A fuel pressure gauge (mounted on the engine temporarily) is also good to have.

where should i get the upgraded oil jet bolts? thanks drkphnx . what do i need to make this sc very reliable and not having to worry engine failure
hardtopguy sells them. they're a honda part number, so pretty much anywhere. As to making it reliable...tune it right...too rich or too lean are bad...this is why the AFR gauge is 100% needed. Always having adequate oil is important, too. Odds are oil consumption will increase a bit.

Also, having your injectors cleaned and flow tested will ensure that fueling is consistent across 4 cylinders. this is not something you can do with a bottle of techron or at meineke...you should ship them off to have them cleaned.
Old 04-09-2012, 04:18 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Moddiction' timestamp='1333984020' post='21589991

Yes you do need. Fuel pump regardless of what you do for tuning.

If you are going to go the standalone ecu route than I would suggest the Injector dynamic 1000cc injectors.

If you are going to spend the few grand for an ecu, injectors, tune etc you might as well upgrade to higher boost which in turn you would need a new clutch, map sensor etc.
Old 04-09-2012, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Moddiction
Originally Posted by Sherman818' timestamp='1334013450' post='21591986
[quote name='Moddiction' timestamp='1333984020' post='21589991']

If you are going to go the standalone ecu route than I would suggest the Injector dynamic 1000cc injectors.

If you are going to spend the few grand for an ecu, injectors, tune etc you might as well upgrade to higher boost which in turn you would need a new clutch, map sensor etc.
[/quote]
i plan on getting the fuel pump. will i be ok to hold off on the stand alone and injectors for a month or so with the low boost for now. i already have a stage 3 clutch with a couple thousand miles on it. thanks for all the help
Old 04-09-2012, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by Moddiction' timestamp='1334017085' post='21592188
[quote name='Sherman818' timestamp='1334013450' post='21591986']

[/quote]
i plan on getting the fuel pump. will i be ok to hold off on the stand alone and injectors for a month or so with the low boost for now. i already have a stage 3 clutch with a couple thousand miles on it. thanks for all the help
[/quote]

I would wait till you have everything on hand, no reason to install everything for low boost tune, then a month later up the boost or add more mods and retune, waste of money imo. I know you want to boost asap, but do it right the first time to what you want, don't cut corners, especially when going FI.
Old 04-09-2012, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by drkphnx
Originally Posted by Sherman818' timestamp='1334019679' post='21592325
[quote name='Moddiction' timestamp='1334017085' post='21592188']
[quote name='Sherman818' timestamp='1334013450' post='21591986']

what stand alone would you suggest?

[/quote]
[/quote]

I would wait till you have everything on hand, no reason to install everything for low boost tune, then a month later up the boost or add more mods and retune, waste of money imo. I know you want to boost asap, but do it right the first time to what you want, don't cut corners, especially when going FI.
[/quote]
Old 04-09-2012, 05:41 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

You might be fine for. Along time on the stock ecu with the fmu for the vortech kit. Others run lean right out of the box. So at the very least get the kit and a wideband to monitor afr's and see where your at. If too lean then don't go into boost until you get an ecu, injectors and a tune.

Quick Reply: supercharging car soon need ideas to make max power and tuning