S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

supercharger+front mount+n-tercooler nitrous spray what else?

Old 10-24-2003, 05:59 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

have a second car and losts on money ready and I would go with a stand alone....whats another $1500 more after spendig all that money already..... better safe than sorry...
Old 10-24-2003, 07:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have my comptech S/C running 6.8 psi pulley, and I'm about to install the AC. Do you guys think that I will be at risk also? Should start looking into a better management system now?
Old 10-25-2003, 02:44 AM

mikecl713
you might want to take their advice man. It looks like you are getting great parts, not that I would know since i have never had a stand alone ems, or even played with it but ever single one of the members i have asked said the same thing so i take it for granted now and so should you.
Old 10-25-2003, 11:07 AM

Listen to these guys for sure. They are the true FI guys. Along with wess, cjb80 a few others. AusS2000 is a good guy (even though he still needs to send me pics of the turbo being sold ahahahaha).

The e-manage is easier to tune from what people have said. The AEM ems is harder and has lots more features. Better be safe than sorry, spend the money its better than blowing the engine. Can someone give me their bent valves and baked potatoe pistons I want to make a keey chain.
Old 10-25-2003, 01:32 PM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Next week, I promise. Adrian is only in the next suburb but I have to make a time when we are both available.
Old 10-25-2003, 02:09 PM

Is it possible to 'clock' the supercharger like you can a turbo in order to place the outlet in a better location to run a FMIC? If you install the supercharger as it is designed the outlet is about 120 degree's off from where you'd want it if you were to run efficent intercooler piping. You'd have to have a very sharp bend in the hot pipe (IC piping located before the IC) which is very inefficent and terrible for flow. Or you could reverse the flow of the IC and have the hot pipe go across the engine bay, into the drivers side end tank, through the intercooler, out of the passenger side end tank and then across the engine bay again (provided you can snake it through the tight fit of the supercharger, radiator, a/c condensor, etc) an into the throttle body. Then you'd have an X shape of intercooler piping going across the front of your engine bay and that'd be kinda wierd. Just wanted to get some input on this... I would like to go SC with an FMIC as well, but you can't really do it unless you have the ability to clock the supercharger.
Old 10-25-2003, 02:57 PM

It's possible to move the Comptech. When you order their aftercooler kit you must rotate the supercharger to get it to fit right.
Old 10-25-2003, 07:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if what aus2000 is telling is the truth, then why doesnt the vortech unit come with a ems system.. im just trying to run what vortech is running except that it wont be 7-8 lbs of boost but 6-7 lbs of boost after the intercooler
Old 10-25-2003, 07:53 PM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Vortech comes with a boost dependant fuel pressure regulator and voltage clamp (same as Comptech) and another box that handles timing. That combination is sort of a mechanical/electrical ems.

If you add air (not to be confused with boost) but cool it so it only reads the same as stock then your FPR won't add enough fuel and you'll run lean. As you don't have anything there to retard ignition you'll get detonation.

If you were to add the Vortech box (you can buy it separately) and up the pressure of the FPR you could probably get away with it but you would have spent more than an E-manage anyway and have an inferior (read: less safe) system.
Old 10-26-2003, 09:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how does emanage work?

Quick Reply: supercharger+front mount+n-tercooler nitrous spray what else?