S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Super S2000? Want to create super fast S2000

Old 07-15-2001, 07:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi -

I am brand new to the world of S2000's and as of yet, do not own one. I have been interested in purchasing one for over a year now, and the time has come to do so.

There is one piece of information I would like before I go ahead and purchase the S2000.
- Where can I send my S2000 to get "converted?". I know there is Hennessey and TNT for Dodge Vipers, Saleen and Roush for Mustangs, etc., but who will be able to convert my stock S2000 in a monster like those created by Hennessey or Saleen?
- Are there any "conversion packages" available, where I could send my car out, and get it back a month later, totally tuned, and ready to fly?
- Any relevant information, as well as pricing, and opinions are all welcome before I purchase this vehicle. I thank everyone in advance for help and hope to join the ranks of the S2000 community shortly.

- Also, I saw a picture of a silver S2000 with a beautiful body kit on it. I believe the kit was by "AutoWorks International." Does anyone have any pricing on this kit, as I would also be interested in adding this to my S2000. (It sorta reminds of the BMW Z8, but a bit less retro). Thanks again everyone, I can't wait to get my hands on my new car!
Old 07-15-2001, 08:21 PM

To my knowledge, the only place that manufactures and installs a complete set of performance options for the S2000 is Comptech in Northern California near Sacramento. I was by there a couple of weeks and they have a great facility.

They have the number one performance option - the Comptech Supercharger. At this point, hands down, this is the most you can do for your car for performance.

They also have suspension, brake, exhaust and other items that are manufactured for them. If you look at their web site you will see their car. I drove in it and it runs great.

There are other companies which make great stuff - I especially like Mugen - but they do not have a "package". If you monitor the S2000 forums you can find lots of info on Comptech.

As far as a company that has products from many manufacturers, there is St. Andres here in Southern California. They are also on the net and have a good reputation. They only work on top of the line cars - they consider the S2000 one of these. I have a Comptech supercharger on order from them. It's suppose to be here in 4-6 weeks.
Old 07-15-2001, 08:37 PM

you can always ship your car off to mugen in japan, they are awsome tuners!!
Old 07-15-2001, 08:46 PM

or you could ship it to Spoon Sports in Japan....

my suggestion (however) would be to ship it to Scott at King Motorsports and let them work their magic.
Old 07-16-2001, 04:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From my listening on the board, I think you've now heard it all.

Spoon or Mugen in Japan.

Comptech or King Motorsport in the U.S.A.