S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Suggestions of the sizes pipe for uk mod

Old 02-02-2014, 03:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suggestions of the sizes pipe for uk mod

Hi was wondering if anybody ever done UK mod on their exhaust and would you guys give me some suggestions of the sizes of piping.
Old 02-02-2014, 06:06 PM

Received 3,529 Likes on 2,536 Posts

I haven't done it yet, but I'm booked to get it done in a few weeks. We're going with 1 3/8th inside diameter tubing.

Early on some guys started using 1 inch piping, which I think is too small. Seeing a lot of guys going with 1.25 and 1.5 inch piping lately, I think that is the range to be in. I'm not sure if people are quoting inside diameter or outside diameter piping ?.
Old 02-02-2014, 08:13 PM

Is this the jump from the inlet pipe to the loop on the back of the muffler? If so we have done This Many times. Let me know and I will give u input.
Old 02-03-2014, 11:36 PM

^Yes that is exactly what he is talking about. In the UK forums I've heard (and generally accepted) that 38mm is the best size for a deeper growl but not too loud that it drones like a bitch or a fart can. Here is a video of some UK bloke that is pretty popular in the forums with this mod:[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spxC_sEZZNM[/media]

Went to an really popular upscale exhaust shop up north by my place in San Antonio, TX and they wanted $500 to do that shit?!
Had a lot of time that day so I decided to go south to a ghetto exhaust/muffler shop to see how cheap there and they said $200! Which I think is still crazy!
I REALLY dislike the sound of all the aftermarket exhausts for the S2000. I just want a noticeably deeper growl that is maybe a little louder without drone.

So my question: Where do you guys get this mod done at and for how much? There are much more ghetto exhaust shops at the southwest side but I just don't feel comfortable driving to that side of town.. Not worth it for me if it's going to be over $100.
Old 02-04-2014, 10:48 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

http://youtu.be/PfQbUBeImBg

You're welcome
Old 02-04-2014, 12:46 PM

I saw many people in SoCal got theirs for $60-$130. You are getting ripped off if you're paying more.
38mm pipe may not be doable in many shops. I think you need a different machine for any pipe less than 1.5" and I bet not all shops have that.
Old 02-04-2014, 02:07 PM

Received 3,529 Likes on 2,536 Posts

I think I will be the only person with a UK exhaust mod on a CR OEM exhaust, looking forward to this as even the CR exhaust is too quiet. I don't like most aftermarket exhaust sounds, so this should do the trick for me.
Old 02-04-2014, 04:37 PM

I had mine done over a year ago, I used 2 inch O.D. about 50mm tubing, it has a nice deep tone no rasp at all, I think the smaller tubing doesn't give it enough sound and makes it more raspy, that's how most of the video clips I've heard seem to be.
Old 02-04-2014, 04:49 PM

Received 244 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by JDMricist
^Yes that is exactly what he is talking about. In the UK forums I've heard (and generally accepted) that 38mm is the best size for a deeper growl but not too loud that it drones like a bitch or a fart can. Here is a video of some UK bloke that is pretty popular in the forums with this mod:[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spxC_sEZZNM[/media]

Went to an really popular upscale exhaust shop up north by my place in San Antonio, TX and they wanted $500 to do that shit?!
Had a lot of time that day so I decided to go south to a ghetto exhaust/muffler shop to see how cheap there and they said $200! Which I think is still crazy!
I REALLY dislike the sound of all the aftermarket exhausts for the S2000. I just want a noticeably deeper growl that is maybe a little louder without drone.

So my question: Where do you guys get this mod done at and for how much? There are much more ghetto exhaust shops at the southwest side but I just don't feel comfortable driving to that side of town.. Not worth it for me if it's going to be over $100.
That UK bloke is not in the UK but West Sacramento,CA LOL... I think his brother made the movie.

ROD
Old 02-04-2014, 04:52 PM

Received 244 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by JFUSION
I think I will be the only person with a UK exhaust mod on a CR OEM exhaust, looking forward to this as even the CR exhaust is too quiet. I don't like most aftermarket exhaust sounds, so this should do the trick for me.
Does the CR have the loop on the backside of the muffler? I took a look at a pic of a CR muffler and it did not have the pipes(to mod) like the stock S muffler has.

ROD

Quick Reply: Suggestions of the sizes pipe for uk mod