S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

sucked up water w/aem v2 last night

Old 10-03-2006, 10:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hmm, yeah this is where some knowledge of how the entire engine works would've been beneficial to me...i've been trying to figure out how it works from the advice of like 15 different people today. based on the last two posts, i'm a little worried now, haha.

well, whatever the case...i'm ready to pay for it, i still can't believe i tried to drive through that water. so dumb. again, thanks for the replies.

i can't really tow it to my apartment because there's no way the car would get into the garage (tight fit in alley, that would be a huge hassle)...nor do i live that close/convenient to my parents house anymore. if tomorrow doesn't work i'm thinkin i'll just tow it to a shop near work.
Old 10-03-2006, 10:24 PM

-Remove all the water from the CAI
-Remove the spark plugs and crank the engine and hold for 2-3 to shoot the water out (do this 2-3 times)
-Place spark plugs back
-Flush all the oil out completely and fill it back up with new oil (repeat this step 2-3 times mostly to get as much water out as possible)
-Than cross your fingers and start her up and check compression.
Old 10-04-2006, 06:57 AM

Something like this should be stickied at the top, as I'm sure other people have had or will have the same problem.
Old 10-04-2006, 07:25 AM

yeah, it seems like quite a few in the last few days. it's been raining this morning so i'm gonna have to wait and hope it clears up by this afternoon before i try removing the spark plugs.

if there is indeed water in the cylinders, is there any rust damage i have to worry about? i thought i read a post in another thread about it, but it was the only post i ever saw related to rust in the engine.
Old 10-04-2006, 08:34 AM

Tell us whether any water blows out of the sparkplug holes. I'm betting "No," since you were able to start and run the engine a little. Changing the oil is a good idea anyway.
Old 10-04-2006, 04:10 PM

great news!

1) rained again early this morning, so when i went out tonight i checked the intake again...no water had pooled up.

2) we removed all 4 spark plugs. 3 out of 4 had water on the tips, which is why it wouldn't start yesterday.

3) cranked the engine...no water! healthy dose of fuel spraying through.

4) bought 4 new plugs (old ones didn't look so good), replaced em, and fired up the engine. all good! engine starts w/a small bit of hesistation, but begins to idle as normal.

5) checked the oil for frothiness, ran the engine some more, checked again, nothing out of the ordinary.

so, so far it seems like i haven't damaged too much. i'm leaving the car in the parking lot tonight, then changing out the oil tomorrow. thanks for everyone's replies...and i'm lucky to have a co-worker here that knows so much about cars, haha. i'll update again once i actually start driving the car around again.
Old 10-04-2006, 04:50 PM

happy for ya!
Old 10-04-2006, 07:01 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Happy for ya, just remember to torque the plugs
Old 10-04-2006, 07:31 PM

[QUOTE=rustywave,Oct 4 2006, 07:10 PM]great news!

1) rained again early this morning, so when i went out tonight i checked the intake again...no water had pooled up.

2) we removed all 4 spark plugs.
Old 10-05-2006, 05:49 AM

[QUOTE=RED MX5,Oct 4 2006, 10:31 PM] Because the diameter of the tube varies with the V2, it shouldn't be able to suck enough water for a complete hydrolock.

Quick Reply: sucked up water w/aem v2 last night