S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Strongest NA F20c

Old 10-13-2004, 10:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fongu,Oct 12 2004, 09:21 AM
The 2.0L motors of the old NA and European motors are 240 crank HP. They will produce the same amount of power. The JDM motor has a higher compression ratio, so it is up 7-10 HP.
remember JDM motors are measured in PS, not BHP

1 bhp is 550 foot pounds per second. The correct measure of torque when power is stated in bhp is foot pounds.

1 PS is 75 kilogram metres per second. The correct measure of torque when power is stated in PS is kilogram metres.

To convert BHP to PS multiply by 1.01387.

240 hp = 243.3 PS, which means the JDM cars have 3.7 hp on us.
Old 10-13-2004, 11:03 AM

i think the JDM is 250 hp and 255 ps
not sure though. i remember reading that in a video
Old 10-13-2004, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by mxt_77,Oct 13 2004, 07:51 PM
Nice... so since one dyno is calibrated low, you assume that all USDM F20Cs actually make 185-190hp?

Anyway, it seems you are the supreme knowledge-holder of all things S2000, so I bow to your superiority. Every USDM F20C makes 185whp. Every European F20C makes 210whp. I am humbled by your extraordinary ability to make broad generalizations based on information from a single source.
ARE YOU BLIND????

[QUOTE]ok, you guys are right. Your points are correct...
Old 10-13-2004, 01:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Socrates,

You're absolutely, positively, foolishly, embarrasingly wrong. So wrong in fact that this dyno operator just had to come out of lurking to let you know. You seem to understand neither the specific details of, the shortcomings of, or uses of dyno testing. Nor do you apparently have any comprehension of the dearth of any logical explanations for your perceived power difference even if it did exist.

Drive your car, enjoy it, have fun. But if you're going to post on things you're lacking knowledge about, it would be best to take a more low key, exploratory approach.

See you all in another 3 months.

UL
Old 10-13-2004, 01:54 PM

HE'S BACK FROM THE DEAD!!!

It's been way too long since I've seen anything from UL and I've been going through some serious withdrawls as a result.

I'm in complete agreement with UL..., that's why I stopped contributing to this rather fruitless post.
Old 10-13-2004, 05:05 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ultimate lurker,Oct 13 2004, 04:48 PM
See you all in another 3 months.

UL
Oh no you don't! You've come out of your cave, and now you have to stay out!
Old 10-14-2004, 02:26 AM

Originally Posted by Galio,Oct 12 2004, 07:39 AM
Someone tell me what the heck this is supposed to be? ^^^ Who or what is a VAMAG, is it some kind of french lingerie magazine? Are you telling me that I need to take this dyno chart published by OFART AUTOTUNING seriously?

SocratesDTC and Galio, I'm puzzled to your posts as they make no sense to me so please answer the questions below.

From what I've seen, we U.S. guys live here (in the U.S.) and there's been a lot of dyno testing done on many different kinds of dynos with discussions all over this forum. You can't have more USDM S2k's in Athens than there is in the U.S. so are you telling me that you know more about USDM S2k's than the people who own them in the U.S.? Please also note, that nobody in the U.S. here has disputed what a Euro-spec S2000 does since it's not often at all to see Euro-spec S2000's in the U.S.A. Does any of this make sense, or did I lose anyone?

Next, one of you mentioned how the USDM models make 20hp less because of the emission controls being implemented. If that's the case, then mxt_77's R1000 exhaust which involves no catalytic converter should have an immediate 20hp boost in power does it not? If it was so easy to gain 20hp from changing our exhaust to a non-emissions legal single outlet high-flow catless system, wouldn't you think there'd be a lot more of us with that type of exhaust system? I've seen pics of the Euro-S2000's dual exhaust, and there's absolutely no way that an OEM Euro-Spec exhaust system will flow nearly as well as the Amuse R1000.

Since the both of you Athens guys seem to know so much about the USDM model S2000's and I'm certain you must know equally as much about your Euro-spec S2000's, please point out in detail how the Euro models are making so much more power to include information as to their differences. Like cams, compression, exhaust, emissions, gas quality, air quality, color of the car, smell of the interior, whatever you can come up with that clearly distiguishes their differences, otherwise you'll never convince me that you know anything about S2000's period.

Oh btw, the dyno chart doesn't even resemble any S2000 I know of, USDM or otherwise since it shows that it has a redline better than 9500 rpms, which Euro-spec S2000's can't rev to in stock form.
Old 10-14-2004, 05:10 AM

Lack of knowledge in what??

The fact that we dont agree in something doesn't mean i lack knowledge...

I understood what turbo pwr and all the others are talking about..
Old 10-14-2004, 05:21 AM

Hyper-X,

What are you talking about? When did i say that i know a lot about the USDM s2k?? I have no idea of how many Hp or whp the US s2k produces, i have just seen a lot of dynos from us s2k's, and all of them had 180-200 hp. JUST THAT...

ALSO, as i said previously ... finally seems you are right. so i really cant understand why you made this final post, because i already apologized for being wrong....

Especially turbo pwr, mtx 77, and you Hyper -X have LOTS of experiance in S2000's...........

And i really want to chat/talk with you, and i will be very happy to prove me wrong... but i hate it when some rude/stup1d members like kumar make such comments...
Old 10-14-2004, 05:41 AM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SocratesDTC,Oct 13 2004, 12:39 PM
ok, you guys are right. Your points are correct...

Socrates, I think the problem is we can't tell if you are being sarcastic or sincere in this post. Since you sort of contradict yourself by showing the dyno charts.

Quick Reply: Strongest NA F20c