S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

STAW AWAY from tirebuyer.com

Old 12-14-2012, 05:36 AM

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Speakeasy2009
Once I dropped the pressure in the tires to 32 cold the car drove normally. I guess what happened was the shop didn’t inflate the tires correctly, and I was the dummy for not checking their work. Thing is I brought the car to them twice and they redid the whole job..So I never thought to check.
Told ya so

Why Town Fair Tire did that for me a few years ago I can on;y assume was awesome customer service.
It's probably because it's part of their marketing and sales procedure:
http://www.townfair.com/about_30daytest.shtml
Also, did you purchase them locally at a physical location that also did the install? That matters.

Customer service at tirebuyer is really bad. They never call back, don’t respond to emails and pretend they never spoke to you before when you call back and finally track down the original support agent you were talking too. That’s unacceptable..if someone has a physical defect in a tire, how are they supposed to get a new tire with customer service like that??
A valid complaint. But not taking back used tires purchased over the internet isn't surprising in the least.
Old 12-14-2012, 05:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by animeS2K
Originally Posted by Speakeasy2009' timestamp='1355438079' post='22209072
Once I dropped the pressure in the tires to 32 cold the car drove normally. I guess what happened was the shop didn’t inflate the tires correctly, and I was the dummy for not checking their work. Thing is I brought the car to them twice and they redid the whole job..So I never thought to check.
Told ya so

Why Town Fair Tire did that for me a few years ago I can on;y assume was awesome customer service.
It's probably because it's part of their marketing and sales procedure:
http://www.townfair.com/about_30daytest.shtml
Also, did you purchase them locally at a physical location that also did the install? That matters.

Customer service at tirebuyer is really bad. They never call back, don’t respond to emails and pretend they never spoke to you before when you call back and finally track down the original support agent you were talking too. That’s unacceptable..if someone has a physical defect in a tire, how are they supposed to get a new tire with customer service like that??
A valid complaint. But not taking back used tires purchased over the internet isn't surprising in the least.

No...I ordered the tires from tirebuyer on their site and then had them shipped to my home. I then took them to a local shop I had used once before out of convenience since it was a block from my office and I could walk to pick up the car. You were right about the pressure, and I was the naïve customer who thought just because the shop told me the tire pressure was right twice I still should have check anyway.

I was thinking about going to the shop to bitch to them but then I was like whatever. It’s not like me bitching is going to change anything…they will still suck no matter what I say to them so I just won’t go there anymore…