S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

STAW AWAY from tirebuyer.com

Old 12-12-2012, 02:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

fuzions are for civics. . . old civics, like others have said no large company will take used tires back, only some small, privately-owned sell used tires.

only thing you CAN do since it's your mistake is call Fuzion (Bridgestone affiliate) and see if they'll do some sort of customer goodwill credit/refund for ya towards the purchase of a new (hopefully not another cheap) set of tires. bridgestonetire.com
Old 12-12-2012, 09:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

everyone has already stated why you cant return it. i ordered the wrong size for my dad's tundra once and was allowed to exchange them for the right size BECAUSE i had not mounted them yet. also the tires aren't unsafe or unstable for the car. the driving style is unsafe for the tires on the car. passenger tire/all-season tires are not high performance tires like summer tires. you cannot expect 100 dollar tires to be track tires. come on, it is common sense.

you made your mistake, suck it up. be a man and deal with it. lesson learned. i had to pay tirerack 150 dollar to correct my mistake on top of the price difference. i learned my mistake and i moved on and learned to double check. u wasted 200 on the rear tires or i hope you just bought them for the rear. just go to a "close course" and make some nice videos of drifting or burn outs and buy some nice tires. continental dw, hankook rs-3, federal 595r or the ss or longer lasting less grip tires like the sumitomo HTR III or hankook v12 evo.
Old 12-13-2012, 03:00 AM

Originally Posted by TopGear
Originally Posted by s2000maniac' timestamp='1355341307' post='22206183
Wtf you expect the company to do with the used tires you returned?

Originally Posted by SheDrivesIt
What are they supposed to do with a used set of tires?
I don't think you'll find any online retailers that will accept any sort of return or exchange on used tires. I can't believe you're so pissed off about this.

Im pisssed because I ordered the correct tires size for the car. If I had ordered the wrong size that would be different. Since the car becomes unstable and dangerous I wanted the company to do something about it, that's all. Ive had this happen before like I mentioned and was able to swap tires..
Old 12-13-2012, 03:02 AM

Originally Posted by ans2k
everyone has already stated why you cant return it. i ordered the wrong size for my dad's tundra once and was allowed to exchange them for the right size BECAUSE i had not mounted them yet. also the tires aren't unsafe or unstable for the car. the driving style is unsafe for the tires on the car. passenger tire/all-season tires are not high performance tires like summer tires. you cannot expect 100 dollar tires to be track tires. come on, it is common sense.

you made your mistake, suck it up. be a man and deal with it. lesson learned. i had to pay tirerack 150 dollar to correct my mistake on top of the price difference. i learned my mistake and i moved on and learned to double check. u wasted 200 on the rear tires or i hope you just bought them for the rear. just go to a "close course" and make some nice videos of drifting or burn outs and buy some nice tires. continental dw, hankook rs-3, federal 595r or the ss or longer lasting less grip tires like the sumitomo HTR III or hankook v12 evo.

Its not about sucking it up or being a man..lol. Its like I just said, the tires are the right OEM size for the car. If they make the car dangerous or unstable to drive I would hope the company would help me out here. That's all.. if I ordered a tire that was warned to NOT be for a car like the S that would be a different story too...but that isn't the case
Old 12-13-2012, 03:05 AM

Originally Posted by Billman250
They likely won't take them back because they were mounted. They no longer have stickers to label them, and any time you mount a tire it shows up on the bead. You can see it. The tire tooling takes the shine off the bead edge, proving the tire was mounted. I feel if they were not mounted and had the original sticers on them, they would gladly exchange them. If they took those back, they would not be sellable because they are no longer branded with a sticker. They are not sellable to an internet market anymore. The shop would be stuck with them. If they were a roadside shop, I'm sure they would take them back.

I fell your pain man....

your car is highly unstable because they are not the right size.

I've tried Z Rated Fuzions (you likely got H) and even the Z felt unsafe at 80 plus.

225/50/16 is the wrong size when working with Fuzion tires.

The factory SO2 measure 245/45/16, so that is what you need. 245/45/16 Fuzion Zri is what you want.

edit: just checked, seems they discontinued the 245. with that, I would avoid the Fuzion.

Thanks Billman.. my front tires aren't worn down yet so all I wanted was a basic all season to get me through the winter. by May or so I planned on doing all 4 tires with a better tire so I could do all at once..i had no idea the Fusion would suck as ive used Fusion on my Kia and they are great on that car.
Old 12-13-2012, 04:38 AM

Received 1,401 Likes on 839 Posts

If you are looking to do all seasons, expect a large downgrade in handling and stability. But you will reap the benefits of safety, if you drive the car just as a transportation piece and not a sports car. Be light on the gas. The high treadwear will help cut through water and slush.

DO NOT expect any snow performance, thats what dedicated snow tires are for.

To give you an idea, I use four NEW dedicated snow tire on my wagon. In 10" of snow, I can blow by a 4 wheel drive jeep with all seasons like he's standing still. An honest 55mph in 10" of snow. and I can stop the car wicked fast. NOTHING beats deticated snow tires in snow, just like hoosier race slicks on the track. Tool for the job.

The key with snow tires is the only function well with 75% or more worth of original tread on them. I take my snow off the second the snow clears. They are mounted on extra rims.

I have had rthese snow tire for 5 years, and they have 95% tread remaining. They MUST come off the second the snow clears. THEY ARE NOT winter tires. They are SNOW tires and using them up on dry winter roads will destroy them (put them under 75%) in one season.

Those who want the untmost in snow performance will have them on 2nd wheels and swap them yourself.

I plan on trying snows on the s2k for the first time this winter. I will be running the car hard, up and down hills and around corners. In 6 inches of snow. stay tuned for the ultimate s2k snow tire.
Old 12-13-2012, 05:45 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,013 Posts

Originally Posted by Speakeasy2009
Originally Posted by ans2k' timestamp='1355380092' post='22207419

Its not about sucking it up or being a man..lol. Its like I just said, the tires are the right OEM size for the car. If they make the car dangerous or unstable to drive I would hope the company would help me out here. That's all.. if I ordered a tire that was warned to NOT be for a car like the S that would be a different story too...but that isn't the case
Just because that tire is listed as being 225/50/16, that does not make it a viable tire for the S2000. YOU should have done more research on that tire to verify that in fact, it is a recommended tire. There are plenty of tires that may be 225/50/16 but that doesn't mean they are meant for the S2000.
Old 12-13-2012, 06:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Find and empty carpark and smoke them up... that will get rid of the fustration of selecting the wrong tyres and then ya go get some new shoes for your S2000
Old 12-13-2012, 09:56 AM

Well..i just went and got a tire pressure gauge. The tire is supposed to be inflated to max 44psi.

My testing showed -

Drivers rear - 42psi
Passengers rear - 35 psi.

So i filled the one tire from 35 to 42 and filled the gas tank. The fill only took a quick second so i double checked and made sure the tire had added psi from the 35.Havent been able to test the car but ill let you guys know if that was the issue.
Old 12-13-2012, 10:13 AM

You need to start with the tire pressure at 32 psi (cold) on both sides.

Quick Reply: STAW AWAY from tirebuyer.com