S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Startup

Old 04-10-2007, 08:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Startup

Ok...

I went to the track this weekend (Buttonwillow)

...first lap, I spun out on cotton corners and ended up in the dirt. Most of the spin was on the track and rolled backwards into the dirt...nothing really dramatic but when the car came to a stall, I wasn't able to start her up right away. When the car finally started...I pitted in and wanted to check to see if I ####ed something up because I got one of these coveted trophies:

Anyway, I pulled the code and it said something about the MAP/BARO reading too high/low...I didn't get to write down the code, but it bothered me. My buddy said that it was nothing, unplugged the BARO sensor and knocked the MAP and erased the code. Everything seemed to be working right...

Then I did another spin while trying to pass my buddy's Integra before Sunset...it was mostly on the track and rolled backwards into the dirt...no CEL on startup this time, but when I tried it a second time trying to pass a Miata, I spun out off track (even dirtied the car this time). And got the same CEL...I drove home with the CEL on because the code scanner was no longer available. The next morning, the CEL was gone.

Also, my maint req light is on...I know how to get rid of that. I was just wondering if this CEL is something I should worry about. It seemed to only come on when I had off track excursions...

Oh yeah...the reason for me asking is because I do not hear an audible beep before I start the car. I think it's the on-board diagnostic check or something before you hit the "Start" button (when you turn the key to the start position) it bothers me that something is not right. Answers?

And before the flaming begins...I know I should go to Autozone and pull any codes that might be there (even though I have no CEL anymore), but I just thought I should check here first to see if anyone has ever had an issue with the audible OBD check on the gauge cluster...
Old 04-10-2007, 08:19 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Last winter i spun out, cell came on.

I think it's related to the spin out (because i've heard this happen to other ppl's S2ks. :-)

Oh btw, I love button. It's a fast track if you dig deep.

Be conservative around cotton and trail into Bus. The track is pretty fast overall and if you can spend time to learn how to drive through 'Lost', the Esses, and the Off Ramp you'll pick up that lost time by passing.

If the track is crowded cotton can be a bottleneck. Thats how i remember it. No need to go all out and crash in any bottleneck. Been a while though.

My personal favorites are the Esses, Sunset and Sunrise. I hate riverside.

Old 04-10-2007, 11:06 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

lots of spinning it sounds like...Take her easy chief...

The car once stalled will not restart without turning the key off and back on. I believe its some sort of fuel cut off safety messure...
Old 04-10-2007, 11:06 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The code could be unrelated and it just didnt like the sudden decel or something
Old 04-11-2007, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by blackout,Apr 10 2007, 11:06 AM
The code could be unrelated and it just didnt like the sudden decel or something
No, but I don't hear the audible beep when I turn the key to the start position though. I was just wondering what could possibly be wrong.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:10 AM

no one?