S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Squeaky clutch pedal

Old 03-03-2003, 09:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well.....Did you get to go?!
Old 04-03-2003, 05:25 AM

FINALLY!!! after a long wait i FINALLY got my squeaky groaning bitch & moaning clutch pedal fixed. to recap they attempted to grease the pedal and change the master cylinder to no avail. yesterday they replaced the entire clutch pedal assembly and the squeak.....was still there!!!! then the tech made a call to the help line (ref# 1168371) and was told to lube the release bearing fork. the squeak is now a thing of the past.

sorry it took so long to get this to get taken care of for all of you that have the same problem.

at least i got a new shiny clutch pedal out of it!!

Old 04-03-2003, 05:29 AM

Thanks, Kwaalude!

I will attempt this myself. I wonder what grease they used?
Old 04-03-2003, 05:46 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Kwaalude
[B]FINALLY!!!
Old 04-03-2003, 06:58 AM

yeah i doubt they lube these things either.... i had the TSB for the buzzing clutch performed in august or september i think and if they would have greased everything before putting things back together i dont think it would have been making the awful sound that it was.
Old 04-09-2003, 07:03 AM

I lubed the release fork this weekend - so far it did the trick. After raising the car up and removing the slave cylinder, you can pull the release fork out a little bit. It's a little difficult to get the lube on the fork, since you have to reach inside the bell housing through the opening where the dust boot goes. I couldn't really see any areas on the fork that looked like it was rubbing on anything, so I put some high temp grease on the end of a wire and put some grease on the area that contacted the release bearing. I also tried to lube the roller that the fork pivots on.

So far, it seems to have worked! That squeaky noise/binding feeling was REALLY anoying...
Old 04-09-2003, 11:47 AM

wonder if we should post this fix somewhere else that might be a little easier for people to find???
Old 04-09-2003, 11:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ok.. i need to do this now.. hehe.. but i have no idea how to lube the fork... i think its time to buy the helm manual.

i need instructions with pics. hehe.
Old 04-09-2003, 12:28 PM

Actually, it's pretty easy.

1) Jack up/raise the car securely. It should be high enough so you can get under it.
2) Remove the (2) 12mm bolts that hold the slave cylinder to the transmission.
3) Remove the rubber dust boot from the bell housing and remove the slave cylinder. Support the slave cylinder so that it does not hang from the hose.
4) Pull out the shift fork as far as possible. You will not be able to remove it, as the fork end is larger than the hole where the dust boot was.
5) Put very little high temp grease on the fork and on the roller pivot of the fork. I used Valvoline Syntech high temperature grease. I couldn't get my fingers in far enough, so I used a combination of an old knife and a piece of 10ga solid wire to apply/spread the grease.
6) Push the release fork back onto the release bearing. This will "pop" on and stay.
7) Put the slave cylinder back onto the bell housing, making sure the ball of it fits into the recess on the release fork. Replace the (2) 12mm bolts and tighten.
8) Lower the car and you are ready to go!

Whatever you do, DO NOT PUSH IN THE CLUTCH PEDAL WHEN THE SLAVE CYLINDER IS REMOVED!
Old 04-09-2003, 01:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hehehe.. cool.. ill print these out and give it a shot... im changin oil anyway this weekend so ill already be under there

Quick Reply: Squeaky clutch pedal