S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Squeaky clutch pedal

Old 01-02-2003, 02:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went to the dealer last weekend for a oil change and have them do the spark plug recall. I told them about my clutch squeaking and to look into that. Two hours later the car was done and nothing was said about the clutch. So, I asked the guy and he said it is wear and tear and I would have to get a new clutch. Said it would cost about $400 and I was like well, it is still under warranty and should it be replaced for free. He said Nope. You have too many miles on the car and it is normal wear and tear. I only have 27,000 on it now. I never race it or do burnouts. Anything I can do to get them to fix it?
Old 01-03-2003, 05:20 AM

A few things here bother me. $400.00 is not enough money for what they are proposing so I would think they would only replace a few parts and not an entire clutch for that. Secondly, it is under warrantee for three years 36,000 miles. That point is immutable. There is one big however though. They can gather information from the computer to see if the car is abused. For instance, if you had an afternoon of bouncing off the rev limiter in first gear to see what a rodeo would feel like, I think they could detect that. Not sure what else they can find. The third point is you shouldn't need a whole new clutch for a squeak. They are telling you to go away and not bother them. They are in the business of making money, not spending it. I would ask them to investigate the squeak please as there is something that isn't right. If you get another crap smoke up your ass answer to that then I would just say "Fine. I'll take it up with American Honda." and walk out. Make sure the person you say this to is the Service Manager and not some joker behind the desk. You might also try another dealer. Your warrantee isn't with the dealer you bought from, it's with AH.
Old 01-03-2003, 12:20 PM

I had this problem before as well, but it seems to be gone now. Could be due to the colder weather though.
plz keep us updated on the results w/ the dealers.
Old 01-04-2003, 07:15 PM

well.....i overslept! my appointment was for 8am this morning and i didnt get to sleep until like 5 .

sorry y'all but i woulda been like had i actually woken up on time to get there!

i guess ill just have to reschedule and let you guys and gals know then.
Old 01-04-2003, 09:42 PM

I have the same problem for 10K miles and counting..!!
that is why I got a new set of spoon clutch and pressure plate in my hand. and once my car is shipped to Taiwan, I will change the clutch and pressure plate and seek what makes the noise..!!
Old 01-05-2003, 02:00 AM

Isn't this squeaking/rubbery feel because the springs in the clutch pedal mechanism needs to be greased? You can get to it from inside the driver's footwell with a bit of contortion. I didn't do this myself because I learned about the cause after my squeaking went away. But it was there for a month or two then went away on its own a while back.
Old 01-05-2003, 06:31 AM

nah...it won't work...or at least it didn't for me. i first took it to honda for the TSB on the sparkplugs and asked them if they could take a look at the groaning clutch pedal. fortunatly for me they were actually able to "recreate the problem" and had all the parts greased...didn't fix it. so then they thought, "it must be the master cylinder"... and replaced that... still didn't fix it. i was supposed to go yesterday to have a whole new pedal assembly installed... but as you saw from my previous post i overslept.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SteveUCI
[B]Isn't this squeaking/rubbery feel because the springs in the clutch pedal mechanism needs to be greased?
Old 01-06-2003, 04:19 AM

I greased mine as well, with no change.

It's a real pain in the butt to get at the assembly - replacing it ought to be real fun.

Thanks for the update Kwaalude. Please keep us informed.
Old 01-15-2003, 04:45 AM

Kwaalude:

Did you ever get a chance to get your new parts installed?
Old 01-15-2003, 10:24 AM

not yet.... ive just started this new job a week ago and have been slammed... i dont really want to make an appointment yet because my schedule is so messed up i might be forced to miss it... i will let you guys know tho.

Quick Reply: Squeaky clutch pedal