S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Squeaky clutch pedal

Old 11-18-2002, 07:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by txst
[B]Kwaalude:

Any update on this?

I pulled the slave cylinder off this weekend and lubed the pivot point at the release arm, but that didn't fix it.
Old 11-18-2002, 10:07 AM

Same thing here - when I got into my car over the weekend after it sat in the cold garage, it was fine. However, after driving it for a while, it started the creaking/sticking/groaning again.

It's more annoying than anything else.

Thanks for the update. Hope that you get it fixed.
Old 11-23-2002, 02:41 PM

!!!UPDATE!!!

ok, this morning, hung over and operating on just 2 hours sleep i stumble into my local Honda dealer to get my squeaky/groaning/moaning clutch pedal fixed. last time i was in they diagnosed the problem as a faulty master cylinder. so today we were going to replace that cylinder. what was supposed to be an hour job turned into nearly 3 hours.... problem NOT solved. they have now ordered NEW parts. special ordered this time around is the:
Pedal Clutch Assembly (46910-S2A-A03),
Spring (46907-S2A-003)
and two Bushings (46981-S2A-003)

so i guess ill be going back again in a couple of weeks once those parts arrive to see if that fixes the problem. i hope and think it will fix it as there wont be a whole hell of a lot of items left to replace!

ill keep all those interested up-to-date.
Old 11-26-2002, 04:59 AM

Thanks for the update. Sorry you are going through all of this. I lubed my clutch pedal and spring with some spray lithium grease, but it didn't help. It's a real pain in the butt to twist yourself under the dash.

I had my wife depress the clutch while I was under the car. The noise sounds like it is coming from within the bell housing, but it could be transferring through the firewall (where the clutch pedal assembly is mounted).

I'm very interested in what they find. Even though it sucks for you, the rest of us who have this problem will appreciate you telling us what actually fixes the problem. It is VERY annoying on my car.
Old 11-26-2002, 05:53 AM

Same thing here. Curious that it doesn't happen for the first ten minutes of driving. The dealer couldn't reproduce it (duh). I'll have to take it in when it's warm for them to feel it. I don't think it makes an audible sound, but feels like it is sticking on the down stroke and again on the release. Jump on it hard and you don't feel it. Again, not when it's cold. Odd.
Old 11-26-2002, 10:31 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Cape Cod
[B]Same thing here.
Old 01-02-2003, 06:14 AM

Kwaalude:

Any update on this?
Old 01-02-2003, 07:30 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by hecash
[B]If you check your hydraulic fluid, you may see some black particles floating in it.
Old 01-02-2003, 07:30 AM

I changed my fluid first, hoping that would take care of the problem, but there wasn't any difference. However, the fluid did look kind of nasty, especially considering my car is less than 2 years old and only has about 10K miles on it (2 track events at a road course). I didn't see any black particles floating though. My clutch sticks/groans while both pressing and releasing the pedal, engine running or not.

It's really annoying.
Old 01-02-2003, 08:59 AM

i go in saturday to get the clutch pedal assembly replaced.... i believe its 3 or 4 parts and bushings and such... hopefully this will do it cos its really damn annoying! ill give you guys a heads up saturday afternoon to let you know the status! btw....happy new year to all!!

Quick Reply: Squeaky clutch pedal