S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Squeaky clutch pedal

Old 11-02-2002, 09:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Squeaky clutch pedal

while at the dealer this morning getting new weather stripping on the doors (they've torn) i informed the service tech that i had a squeaky clutch pedal. ever since i got them to replace the clutch disk under the TSB my clutch pedal has had a "sticky" feel to it and was making hella noise.

after trying to lube it to no avail they decided i needed a new slave cylinder.

i was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and what's the install time on a part like this.

Old 11-02-2002, 11:48 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I don't understand how the slave cylinder would have much to do with a squeaky pedal as it is mounted on the transmission and only connected to the pedal via a soft hydraulic line. Perhaps it is the clutch master cylinder they are going to replace which is in the vicinity of the pedal and they just have the terminology wrong.
Old 11-02-2002, 01:19 PM

i have the same exact thing also!!

mine squeeks when you just start to push in and feels like it rubs when you release the clutch. plus on top of that i got crazy clutch chatter thats starting to annoy me now. oh wells i guess its about time i get that tsb done then.

ps. let me know if replacing the clutch master cylinder works for you okay?

chris
Old 11-02-2002, 07:05 PM

I had something similar but after a while it went away.
Old 11-03-2002, 10:16 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by aznpooky
[B]i have the same exact thing also!!

mine squeeks when you just start to push in and feels like it rubs when you release the clutch.
Old 11-03-2002, 10:33 AM

I had this same thing happen also. They first changed the Master Cylinder and that didn't fix the noise. Then they finally had to go in and grease all the clutch parts and that finally worked. They probably forgot to grease the parts on my car after the TSB 54. Let them change the Master Cylinder first and see if that works. If it doesn't , at least you will have a new one. Then they will have to grease all the parts on the outside of the transmission, then if that doesn't work they will have to go inside and do some more greasing. Make them get it fixed, because it will anoy the heck out of you if you don't. Good luck.
Old 11-07-2002, 08:15 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by j76ms
[B]I had this same thing happen also.
Old 11-10-2002, 03:10 PM

Mine just started squeaking yesterday. My car is bone stock and with about 12000 miles. Maybe it is the weather? It was cold for the past few weeks. Then, yesterday and today it was in the mid sixties. The rubbing/sleeking is unbearable. I will take a look at it tomorrow and try some lube.
Old 11-11-2002, 04:22 AM

I posted a similar problem a few days ago:https://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?...&threadid=90160

I took a look at the bushing that the clutch pedal pivots on - what a bear that thing is to get to. There didn't appear to be much wear/play in the bushing.

I am going to check the throw out fork pivot. My car only has 10K miles on it, and I really don't want to pull the tranny out yet...
Old 11-18-2002, 04:42 AM

Kwaalude:

Any update on this?

I pulled the slave cylinder off this weekend and lubed the pivot point at the release arm, but that didn't fix it. I am curious to see if the dealer fixed yours.

Quick Reply: Squeaky clutch pedal