S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Spoon exhaust questions (Spoon exhaust owners, please look here!!!)

Old 08-10-2003, 11:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spoon exhaust questions (Spoon exhaust owners, please look here!!!)

I need a lot of advice. I am planning on purchasing a Spoon N1 single outlet exhaust for my S. I am aware of the light weight it posesses, but how about the power gains? I was informed that the Spugen N1 exhaust produces more power. I don't give a damn about sound, the louder, the better. Some guy in my town has an S with the Spoon exhaust and when it's idling, it almost sounds like a street bike idling. I'm worried about power gains. I want the most power available from an exhaust system. What are you guys' power gains from your experience. Is the Spoon any good with power gains? I wanted to keep my S mostly as Spoon as possible, and I thought the exhaust sounded badass. I was just curious how much power it can produce, and if there is another exhaust out there that produces more power, i'd like to know. Thanks a lot.

-Mike-
Old 08-11-2003, 09:42 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by TokeMadBowls420
[B]I need a lot of advice. I am planning on purchasing a Spoon N1 single outlet exhaust for my S. I am aware of the light weight it posesses, but how about the power gains? I was informed that the Spugen N1 exhaust produces more power. I don't give a damn about sound, the louder, the better. Some guy in my town has an S with the Spoon exhaust and when it's idling, it almost sounds like a street bike idling. I'm worried about power gains. I want the most power available from an exhaust system. What are you guys' power gains from your experience. Is the Spoon any good with power gains? I wanted to keep my S mostly as Spoon as possible, and I thought the exhaust sounded badass. I was just curious how much power it can produce, and if there is another exhaust out there that produces more power, i'd like to know. Thanks a lot.

Old 08-11-2003, 12:07 PM
Former Sponsor

I have had the Spoon N1 on the car for about a year now and i love it. I don't like the look very much but the sound is great. Powerwise...i cant' say i've noticed any gains but when i dynoed the car i gaind around 10-15 hp to the wheel with the spoon header and exhaust combo.
Old 08-11-2003, 07:30 PM

Hey, shadow again replying to my posts. My name is Mike Park by the way. Haven't seen you driving around lately.
Old 08-11-2003, 10:58 PM
Former Sponsor

Hey whud up Mike you plan on getting the Spoon? Have you heard it or seen it in person yet? If you like we can set up a meet and you can see and hear it for yourself. Let me know. Oh by the way my names Max. See ya around
Old 08-12-2003, 08:51 AM

I've seen it on your car and another S2000 when I was in Las Vegas. It sounds sweet, and I actually like the look because it isn't too "rice." I heard the other S2000 when it was idling and it kinda sounded like a bike. It's nice. I was just worried that power wise, it wasn't at par with some other exhaust systems like the HKS dual system. I'm not sure. I actually would prefer a single system over the dual.
Old 08-12-2003, 09:38 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Alright, spill it! Where the heck are all you locals in Califoria getting import exhausts and getting your CARB stickers?

Or is it just not quite time yet for the initial 4-year "no smog check required" to expire on the oldest S2000's before we start seeing demand for stock exhausts again?

I'd be interested in aftermarket exhausts, but I would want something CARB-approved.
Old 08-12-2003, 10:22 AM
Former Sponsor

I don't think any aftermarket exhaust is CARB approved. I maybe wrong though.

TokeMadBowls,
Any single exhaust system will get you better gains than the Duals. From what I heard some people have even lost Hp with the HKS duals.
Old 08-13-2003, 12:18 AM

Interesting. I am gettting my financial aid soon, and I have my eyes set on the Spoon exhaust, or may be even getting custom piping with an Apex'i N1 muffler. Thank you Max for your input, very appreciated.
Old 08-13-2003, 12:26 AM
Former Sponsor

NP Mike let me know what you end up with. The Apexi N1 muffler with custom piping sounds like a good idea. But I love my Spoon, oh ya the Spoon also comes with a straight pipe that gets rid of the CAT, and also a silencer which I think is pretty good deal for the price you pay. I never installed my straight pipe yet, but that will get you some pretty good gains since our CATS are pretty restrictive. Good luck

Quick Reply: Spoon exhaust questions (Spoon exhaust owners, please look here!!!)