S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Spoon Exhaust?

Old 09-17-2004, 07:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spoon Exhaust?

I am in the process of buying my first S2000, and would like to hear anyone's opinion or experience with the Spoon exhaust system. Horsepower numbers, DB levels, problems, ect. Any information would be really helpful.
Old 09-18-2004, 04:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have it. I don't have dyno numbers. But from what I understand, there is a power increas. It is loud, but the tone is very nice. The silencer will quiet it down a bit but negate power gains. You can search the library and find a comparo from a bunch of different S 2000 exhausts. Also, it weighs considerably less than stock. Overall, I'm very happy and wouldn't replace it with anything but Amuse single ti.
Old 09-18-2004, 09:13 AM

Spoon exhaust sounds very nice, really gives u a fairly good increase in the horse power. I remembered someone did a dyno on it and it seemed to be around 7 whp. I know speedstar is selling them for a pretty good price, pm them and u be all set.
Old 09-19-2004, 08:15 AM

Most of these aftermarket exhausts probably increases power - but so what?

It makes me laugh reading some of the people's posts who are after "more BHP" by fitting bits to the car.

7bhp indeed,

I have the dual R1 Amuse because 1. It sounds like an F1 car 2. It looks the dogs nuts and 3. it saves weight as a bonus.

You want to get BHP from an exhaust or whatever, just empty your fuel tank, same result, go 2% faster.

Better yet don't eat lunch for 6 months and put 1/10 second on your 0-60 time.
Old 09-19-2004, 08:53 AM
loi
Spammer

one of the best sounding exhaust, i tried couple of them on my 04, i like the spoon's the best
Old 09-19-2004, 08:54 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by acs2k,Sep 19 2004, 08:15 AM
Most of these aftermarket exhausts probably increases power - but so what?

It makes me laugh reading some of the people's posts who are after "more BHP" by fitting bits to the car.

7bhp indeed,

I have the dual R1 Amuse because 1. It sounds like an F1 car 2. It looks the dogs nuts and 3. it saves weight as a bonus.

You want to get BHP from an exhaust or whatever, just empty your fuel tank, same result, go 2% faster.

Better yet don't eat lunch for 6 months and put 1/10 second on your 0-60 time.
or...you could drop the weight AND add more hp...then you have even better results...why wouldn't someone be concerened with add HP when they are modding their car and the two things they are trying to do is reduce weight and add HP...should he buy the DC Sports header just so he could say he has a header...or should he buy a higher quality one like amuse/mugen/toda to say he has a header that adds HP?

Personally, it would concern me...every extra hp adds up...if you can get 5 from an exhaust, 3 from an intake, 8 (peak) from a test pipe, 2 from a header (obviously midrange gains far surpass top end with header)...add it all up..thats 18hp! That is not bad numbers at all, and its "realistic" apart from the exhaust showing gains...I really haven't seen that too much...but if you can...thats the point.
Old 09-19-2004, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by acs2k,Sep 19 2004, 08:15 AM
2. It looks the dogs nuts
Where I'm from likening any of your possesions to a canines testicles isn't exactly a good thing

Sweet exhaust though
Old 09-19-2004, 09:20 AM

Hi SLO

Good points ...

"why wouldn't someone be concerened with add HP when they are modding their car and the two things they are trying to do is reduce weight and add HP"

If that is what they are doing then I guess you are correct.

What does surprise me is why they bother.

You can bolt on a turbo, s/c or nitro, or a set of jet engines under the back bumper - for what?

The faster you go the less pepl get to see you and your ride.

Drive slower, make more noise, have more fun ... that's what I do anyway
Old 09-19-2004, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by loi,Sep 19 2004, 08:53 AM
one of the best sounding exhaust, i tried couple of them on my 04, i like the spoon's the best
But did u try the Amuse dual R1?
Old 09-19-2004, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by l8brakr,Sep 19 2004, 09:17 AM
Where I'm from likening any of your possesions to a canines testicles isn't exactly a good thing

Sweet exhaust though
In the Uk we call it "The Dogs Bollox"

ie. IT IS the dogs bollox

I AM the dogs bollox

THAT IS the dogs bollox

Quick Reply: Spoon Exhaust?