S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Spoon Earthing Kit

Old 07-21-2004, 06:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Spoon Earthing Kit

anyone installed this on their US model S? what kind of modification is need to fit to the US battery terminal? any? other than that is the install fairlyl simple? thanx to all in advance
Old 07-22-2004, 05:28 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I **cough: not again** recommend you **cough: make it end** search under Grounding kits and see what many of us have posted on those **cough: useless ripoff ** modifications.
Old 07-22-2004, 06:15 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for saying something RR. I was trying to come up with a gentle way of expressing my recommendations, but couldn't .
Old 07-22-2004, 06:22 PM

His money.. why does it matter if you think its worthless. Anyways I dont think much modification is needed to fit the battery terminal, nothing you cant do in your drive way. Ive installed a DIY grounding kit on my spl car and it made a world of a difference.
Old 07-22-2004, 06:26 PM

What'a an "spl" car?
Old 07-22-2004, 06:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no worries, I am fully aware that if you post something on this site then it is subject to praise/flame...doesnt' really make a difference....this is something that i ordered knowing the controversial threads on them....nonetheless, I wanted to know about the install...so any help/pointers are welcome...I haven't even received them yet so i'm just trying to get a heads up with them.
Old 07-23-2004, 04:25 AM

Originally Posted by SpeedxRacer,Jul 22 2004, 09:22 PM
His money.. why does it matter if you think its worthless. Anyways I dont think much modification is needed to fit the battery terminal, nothing you cant do in your drive way. Ive installed a DIY grounding kit on my spl car and it made a world of a difference.
I guess the difference is I can make a scientific case for saying it is a ripoff, there are dynos showing it is a ripoff, and I live in a world where such empiric information DOES make a difference. And sharing facts does not = flame.

I could care less about his money - Franklin said "a fool and his money are soon parted". Prima facie evidence has been herein displayed.

If I saw someone putting a gun to his head and said "Stop" and he said it had blanks in it, I would still say "Stop" - would you say "it's his head?".

Of course, not having a "spl" car, I probably have no moral authority to comment, right?
Old 07-23-2004, 04:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah if you do some research the Japanese believe highly in Grounding. I have also seen numerous dyno tests that prove a small gain.
Old 07-23-2004, 04:34 AM

[QUOTE=Super Ninja,Jul 23 2004, 07:31 AM] Yeah if you do some research the Japanese believe highly in Grounding.
Old 07-23-2004, 04:47 AM

Originally Posted by Super Ninja,Jul 23 2004, 07:31 AM
Yeah if you do some research the Japanese believe highly in Grounding. I have also seen numerous dyno tests that prove a small gain.
They also believe in $15k speaker cables - belief does not valididty establish.

Yeah - what Coral Doc says - If you have the research to support this mod, share it. Otherwise, this ends up another dead end, with allegations of proof, suggestions of proof, but never any real proof.

But word of warning - every person with a bit of electrical engineering training on this Forum has weighed in that these things cannot, and do not, provide any benefit in a car with proper stock electrical functionality. There have been offers of money to anyone who could disprove this - so far, no takers.

Quick Reply: Spoon Earthing Kit