S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Spoon or DiGrappa?

Old 11-27-2001, 06:12 PM
Zot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spoon or DiGrappa?

hey all, I have been reading up on the spoon and digrappe x braces. dont really see any significant differences in performance from the posts i have read. i understand the differences in cost of course which seems to be due to the construction of each and materials. but is the $200+ for the digrappa worth it?

has anyone installed or driven a car with each one? just curious if they have noticed any differences.

thanks for any input

Zot
Old 11-27-2001, 06:25 PM

No doubt the Digrappa is the best quality one... but for that much money.. I wouldn't go for it..!! I think Mingster's X-brace is good enough..!! but, it is just me...maybe.!!
Old 11-27-2001, 07:15 PM

I have the Spoon X Brace and I can tell you that there is a noticeable difference when driving. I don't know how much of a difference between all the models though. So far its a good mod to get.

Jaykkub
Old 11-27-2001, 09:43 PM

I have the Digrappa. It does not get in the way of oil change. I understand that some X-Braces make it hard to get to the oil drain. That's important with the Supercharger because the oil return of the SC goes to a fitting installed at the drain.
Old 11-28-2001, 06:02 AM

The question should be Mingster's vs. DiGrappa. Mingster has slightly thicker tubing than the spoon brace for a little extra rigidity. Plus its considerably cheaper.

Digrappa is the ultimate, looks fantastic, etc., but you are paying for it.
Old 11-28-2001, 01:50 PM
Zot

Just thought of another question. I think I know the answer but wanna make sure.

Is it necessary or recommended to check and or re-align after installing an XBrace?

I think it would apply maybe more after installing a sway bar but I wanted to ask.
Old 11-28-2001, 01:53 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

no realignment necessary after xbrace or swaybar.

take a look at an xbrace and see just how it attaches, same with the swaybar and you'll understand how it works a little clearer.

/my two cents.

whichever one you go with, they all do the same thing, they all weigh within a few pounds of each other, they are all unnoticable to the naked eye driving down the street, and they all give great results in handling.
Old 11-28-2001, 02:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IMHO the DiGrappa would be the way to go if the car spent most of its time on the roof so you could see the thing. The DiGrappa product is absolutely beautiful, it seems like some type of sin to put it under the car where you can't admire it every day. I'm going with the Import Development/Mingster's because of cost vs. benefit ratio.
Old 11-29-2001, 10:48 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

hhh,

or if you plan on sleeping under the car - it IS always warm under there
Old 11-29-2001, 03:38 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I have the DiGrappa and think it make a huge difference in handling. I believe that Richard's and Spoon's would be just as good; but when I saw the quality and finish of the DiGappa, I had to get one. Also Mark will anodize it to match. I got red to match my Comptech rear and front upper braces. Believe it or not people do ask about it when they look into the engine compartment.

Quick Reply: Spoon or DiGrappa?