S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Spool Turbo kit

Old 04-18-2003, 10:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello,
I would like to formally introduce our turbo kit for information purposes.
Please note we are not an authorized sponsor or vendor of this forum so please limit you questions to informational ones only. According to forum policy (if I am correct) we are not allowed to supply our web addresses, telephone numbers and pricing to actively solicit sales on this forum.
Now down to the nitty gritty

Our turbo kits include many features such as

1. Jet hot thermal ceramic coating on our manifolds and I/C pipes to keep under hood temps down and charged air pipes cool. The s2k turboed lays down allot of heat with its high compression specs and heat suppression is a priority.

2. Computer designed manifold.
Our manifold is NOT an equal length header due to the limited space and modifying of a/c lines so we stuck with a short runner design. This is not as optimal as an equal length but the flow characteristics of our manifolds are much better than a traditional "log" manifold.
Most importantly our manifolds are not made of stainless or mild steel but cast iron weld bends that are skillfully tig welded for ultimate reliability and durability.

3. All of our oil lines, and relocation kit are stainless braided and utilize aircraft quality fittings, again this was utilized because of the harsh environment a turbo produces.

4. Couplers
All of our couplers are made of the highest grade silicone

5.Equipment
We decided to utilize the best equipment by custom matching a turbo for great spool characteristics, and again picking the Tial for our BOV's and external wastegates. We also use a large healthy and efficient intercooler made by PWR that has minimal pressure drop and great cooling properties.

6. We give the consumer a choice
By utilizing the traditional FMU/Pump combo or utilizing bigger injectors with a pre programmed piggy back unit.

We will be a sponsor at the S2K Outer banks run and will have our project car available for people to check it out....We are looking forward to a good time spending it with other s2k enthusiast's while introducing our product

If you have any further questions regarding technical aspects ask away
We have been producing turbo systems since 2001 and have sold over 200 units, some to repeat customers. We pride our selves on customer service and our reputation.

Thanks
Terry
Spool
Old 04-18-2003, 10:54 AM

Here are some pics

Old 04-18-2003, 11:01 AM

why not just become a sponser? You'll build up more business that way anyway...
Old 04-18-2003, 11:02 AM

How do I do that?
Old 04-18-2003, 11:10 AM

CLICK HERE
Old 04-18-2003, 11:15 AM

Thanks!
Old 04-18-2003, 11:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by terry@spool
Thanks!
any dyno comparisons?
stock vs turbo?
I would be interested in the curve you are producing, thanks.
Old 04-18-2003, 11:26 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Terry, will you be at the Florida S2K Supermeet in Orlando next weekend? Look in the Florida club section for links and info. 80+/- cars...
Old 04-18-2003, 11:50 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah I would also like to see a dyno if you have one. What psi are you running your kit at?? Do you guys produce the pre-programed piggy back computers, or purchase from a different source??
Old 04-18-2003, 11:56 AM

Terry, can you elaborate on how your manfold is "computer engineered" to be better than a "log" type manifold? or how it compares to a UR manifold? Maybe post pictures of the manifold itself.

I'm leaning towards the UR kit but if you could also explain when stage 2 is approximately going to be ready? Your stage 1 kit although very affordable probably isn't an option for me because you're already starting with a quality car so why use an low quality fuel setup like an FMU? - bottom line - upgraded fuel management (e-manage) is what i'm interested in? How did your testing go? Any HP numbers, dyno graphs?

Quick Reply: Spool Turbo kit