S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

spark plugs

Old 04-24-2011, 09:51 PM

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Kirpich
Here is where the small HP gains are coming from with the Pulstar: Its spark is hotter. Therefore, upon appearance in the combustion chamber, it reaches igniting temperature a bit earlier than its NGK or Denso counterpart. The end result: tiny ignition timing advance. We're talking 2HP here, makes sense, since it's only a tiny, maybe 1/5th of a degree advance.

Dude, it's BS.

As I said earlier, this is about the 27,000th new spark plug design I've seen in the last 30 yrs. None of them, none of them, ever picked up by a major plug manufacturer. Why? Because they're BS.

Old 04-25-2011, 05:10 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[/quote]

I didn't ask why OEM aren't using them. As stated above OEM's aren't concerned about a little extra hp, they are concerned about mpg and emmissions.

I meant why aren't major manufacturers of replacement plugs coming out with this design?
[/quote]

You didn't read all of my post...
I said and not to mention that they own the patents on the pulse plug...that is why no other manufacturers are jumping on it...
Old 04-25-2011, 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by Kirpich
Here is where the small HP gains are coming from with the Pulstar: Its spark is hotter. Therefore, upon appearance in the combustion chamber, it reaches igniting temperature a bit earlier than its NGK or Denso counterpart. The end result: tiny ignition timing advance. We're talking 2HP here, makes sense, since it's only a tiny, maybe 1/5th of a degree advance.
Old 04-25-2011, 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by davidc1
Originally Posted by Kirpich' timestamp='1303710116' post='20503571

Dude, it's BS.

As I said earlier, this is about the 27,000th new spark plug design I've seen in the last 30 yrs. None of them, none of them, ever picked up by a major plug manufacturer. Why? Because they're BS.
What proof can you offer that it is BS? Just because there have been 27000 failures before now? Not proof to me.
I have proof that they are not BS, but you will not hear that. Your eyes and ears and mind are closed to any new development that just may be a technological breakthrough because time has proved to you with all the other failures of the past. If repeated failure is all it takes to discourage innovation we would never have any advances.

Pulse plugs are the real deal....not a gimmick. They were developed from technology from these people: http://www.sandia.gov/pulsedpower/
Tell them the pulse power technology is BS....
Old 04-25-2011, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by ronnuke
Originally Posted by davidc1' timestamp='1303710698' post='20503605
[quote name='Kirpich' timestamp='1303710116' post='20503571']

Dude, it's BS.

What proof can you offer that it is BS? Just because there have been 27000 failures before now? Not proof to me.
I have proof that they are not BS, but you will not hear that. Your eyes and ears and mind are closed to any new development that just may be a technological breakthrough because time has proved to you with all the other failures of the past. If repeated failure is all it takes to discourage innovation we would never have any advances.

Pulse plugs are the real deal....not a gimmick. They were developed from technology from these people: http://www.sandia.gov/pulsedpower/
Tell them the pulse power technology is BS....
[/quote]

Get a grip. I didn't say pulesed power was BS, I said the spark plug was BS.

Dude, when you have been in the legitamate scientific community for 25 yrs, you don't ask questions like "what proof do you have that this design doesn't work?" That's 180 degrees opposite of what you are supposed to ask. You ask: "prove to me it does work." Remember the "Scientific Method" you learned in high school science class? You develop an hypothosis, then attempt to prove it. If you do prove it, you let your peers test and prove it as well. Then it is consitered accepted.
Everything they say on their website can be broken down into advertising hype. I've attempted to do it a little, but I am far from a pro at it.
Interstingly, I took a look at Sandia's website. Very interesting stuff. I also did a little research on pulsed power. On Sandia's website (and anywhere else for that matter), I couldn't find anything about spark plug research. Hmmm...
Could it be that the connection between the two companies was that the guy who started the plug company was friends with a guy who used to work at Sandia, and they discussed pulsed power one day, and they thought that they might be able to make some money at this, and so the guy who works for Sandia used their computer to draw up some data, and gee, now they can say they developed it with Sandia's help?
You don't have any independed proof that it works. You have a company advertising their product. The "proof" that's on their website I've already broken down.

Old 04-25-2011, 08:10 AM

I was a skeptic too until I proved it to myself by installing it in my vehicle and trying it out, best scientific method for me to ascertain the validity of the manufacturer's claims.
No other proof necessary.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by DR. FEINSTONE
I had the copper version of the pulstar plug on the car, according to pulstar, they said it is good for 4 years or 50,000 miles. I recently replaced it with the same copper version. The old plugs were fine but they all had increased gaps(from 0.40-0.48) which were normal for being in there during 40,000 miles endurance.

I aslo had pulstar plugs on my daily commute 2005 honda crv-ex, I had it for about 30,000 miles and I did not see any major power gained or increase gas mileage. I also plan to replace them at 40,000 miles.
Try the new BE1i Iridium version. They are 100000 mile plugs. That is what I am running and they are great so far. They have eliminated my hesitation problems from a stop, and drivability is improved across entire RPM range.
Old 04-25-2011, 09:26 AM

I was a skeptic too until I proved it to myself by installing it in my vehicle and trying it out, best scientific method for me to ascertain the validity of the manufacturer's claims.

Wait a minute, in your previous posts you were all about the independent proof and testing....now you don't need any other proof?

Old 04-25-2011, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by DR. FEINSTONE' timestamp='1303669963' post='20502026
I had the copper version of the pulstar plug on the car, according to pulstar, they said it is good for 4 years or 50,000 miles. I recently replaced it with the same copper version. The old plugs were fine but they all had increased gaps(from 0.40-0.48) which were normal for being in there during 40,000 miles endurance.

I aslo had pulstar plugs on my daily commute 2005 honda crv-ex, I had it for about 30,000 miles and I did not see any major power gained or increase gas mileage. I also plan to replace them at 40,000 miles.
Try the new BE1i Iridium version. They are 100000 mile plugs. That is what I am running and they are great so far. They have eliminated my hesitation problems from a stop, and drivability is improved across entire RPM range.
Aww man....I can't believe you had me going for so long....you work for them or sell them or something, huh?
Old 04-25-2011, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by davidc1
Originally Posted by ronnuke' timestamp='1303747825' post='20504741

Wait a minute, in your previous posts you were all about the independent proof and testing....now you don't need any other proof?
I was responding to your and others saying that there was no credible 3rd party evidence, YOU were the one wanting independent proof and testing not me.

And to answer your other question (or insinuation)....No I do not work for the manufacturer or sell anything at all.
I am merely a satisfied customer tired of seeing people bash a good product with no cause. I am trying to help others that may be nervous about purchasing this better product but have heard garbage from all over the internet that these plugs don't work and worse are dangerous. This is simply not true.

Wait....you had me going there.....you must be a shrill for NGK.....LOL See how ridiculous that is?
And don't get me wrong I think the NGK Iridium plugs are great plugs....I just think the Pulstar Iridiums are better.
In fact I know they are from personal experience with both. I don't think I can make it any plainer than that.

Quick Reply: spark plugs