S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Somethong Is Wrong With My Transmission

Old 05-07-2006, 11:17 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

whoops didnt read the last post lol *deleted*
Old 05-07-2006, 11:20 PM
Banned

hehe

go back to the store and talk with the manager. Tell em you have taken it to honda, and they managed to fix the problem but they had to force it back into gear. Tell them the damage is from a bad misshift. At least if you complain maybe they will be more careful next time they have a car. The fact that you brought your car there and it comes back with some sort of problem is the shops problem. Ask them what they are prepared to do for you as a customer after your car has been mistreated.

If they dont want to do anything for you or your not satisfied, just say that you wouldnt' recommend anyone to bring their car here and you'll do whatever you can in your path to make sure that people are aware.
Old 05-07-2006, 11:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank for the advice bro. I think that I will go ahead and do that. The shop owner needs to know that his boys screwed up. If something like this happens in the future perhaps they will not be so lucky.
Old 05-08-2006, 12:09 AM

i jumppin on the freeway tonight and im slammin the bastard back in wish me luck....john
Old 05-08-2006, 07:37 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the first words out of my mouth would have been....

"so why did you need to get the car in 6th gear to install my coilovers?"
Old 05-08-2006, 07:58 AM

Would have been a good question but I didn't really think anything of it at the time.
Old 05-08-2006, 03:41 PM

Submit the claim to your auto insurance company and see what happens. They may cover the repairs and subrogate the shop to get the money back including your deductible. It's worth a shot. Tell them the shop damaged your transmission while it was there receiving suspension work and it must have happened on the test drive. Your insurance company might not like the fact that you are modding your car but that won't affect this claim at least if the items are unrelated as this obviously is. Good luck.
Old 05-09-2006, 12:29 AM

After hitting the freeway and finally bringing myself to push the selector past the crunching and grinding... success. Its been a few months since i lost 6th and ive been trying to souce someone credible to make the repair,lucky i held out u guys just saved me quite a bit of cash, so thanks a bunch.

With the dogy coilover guys get a quote,a fake one if need be and make them pay. Insurance isnt a bad idea either, threaten legal action, get a letter written by ure lawyers, scare tactics should work. Why should u go in for suspension and come out with a broke gearbox,even if it works now. It seems everyones telling u the same thing u deserve retribution, dont let them get away with it
Old 05-09-2006, 05:56 AM

Alright guys... Will do!
Old 05-29-2006, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by Wisconsin S2k,May 8 2006, 10:37 AM
the first words out of my mouth would have been....

"so why did you need to get the car in 6th gear to install my coilovers?"
It actually doesn't have anything to do with putting it into 6th. I was racing a couple of days ago and missed 3rd badly, and by that I mean I let the clutch out to early and grinded the hell out of the gears. After that I could not get the car to go into 6th. 1-4 felt good, 5th was a little tight and 6th was a no go period. As with the OP and others, and few days and a few attempts at forcing it into gear the issue cleared up.

My guess is that's what happend on thier "joy ride" Probably shifted slow and clutched fast grinding the crap out if the tranny.

Quick Reply: Somethong Is Wrong With My Transmission