S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Soft Top Stopped Working AP2

Old 11-21-2013, 06:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Whisper66
Any chance you unplugged the convertible top switch and the defroster switch at the same time? If you replug the two plugs back into the wrong switches, they will fit and I think you may see the result you are seeing. I did this by accident when I replaced my top recently. Took me forever to figure it out.

Another possibility - If your convertible top disable switch failed closed for some reason, car thinks you have a hardtop installed. Then I think neither the soft top or the rear window defrost would work.
Dude you awesome. I had a clutch done and they had to disconnect the switches. I just checked and they plugged it in backwards. THANK YOU VERY VERY VERY MUCH.
Old 07-02-2014, 06:04 PM

Mine stop working after I put the centre console back and when i lifted out again i saw a wire that was exposed that may have cause a short. I checked fuses but they are good the one thing i know is i am not getting any power in the female connecting to the switch. I start the car make sure the hand brake is up and hand brake light indicator on check each wire and not getting any sign of power. I checked the wiring for defroster and hazard and i got power from those two. Everything works in the car.
Can someone tell me what should i be checking and where
Old 07-03-2014, 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by siklilplaya
Originally Posted by Whisper66' timestamp='1384992721' post='22886987
Any chance you unplugged the convertible top switch and the defroster switch at the same time? If you replug the two plugs back into the wrong switches, they will fit and I think you may see the result you are seeing. I did this by accident when I replaced my top recently. Took me forever to figure it out.Another possibility - If your convertible top disable switch failed closed for some reason, car thinks you have a hardtop installed. Then I think neither the soft top or the rear window defrost would work.
Dude you awesome. I had a clutch done and they had to disconnect the switches. I just checked and they plugged it in backwards. THANK YOU VERY VERY VERY MUCH.
Excellent advise Whisper66. Glad it's fixed

Originally Posted by 1220rons2000
Mine stop working after I put the centre console back and when i lifted out again i saw a wire that was exposed that may have cause a short. I checked fuses but they are good the one thing i know is i am not getting any power in the female connecting to the switch. I start the car make sure the hand brake is up and hand brake light indicator on check each wire and not getting any sign of power. I checked the wiring for defroster and hazard and i got power from those two. Everything works in the car. Can someone tell me what should i be checking and where
Take the center console out again and inspect the connector for the toggle up/down switch. Pull it out and check for bent terminals. Under the passenger side dashboard is the control unit. Disconnect both connectors and inspect. If all is ok, re-seat all 3 connectors.