S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

So my car is dead!!!!!!

Old 02-04-2002, 02:14 PM
Fed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is 6 pm, just called the dealer, they do not know what the problem is, but they will definately know tomorrow. This sucks.
Old 02-04-2002, 05:55 PM

Well that really sucks man, I hope you get your car back without any further problems or set backs.
Old 02-04-2002, 06:24 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally posted by Fed
It is 6 pm, just called the dealer, they do not know what the problem is, but they will definately know tomorrow. This sucks.

Before they get into the engine too far make sure they check the torque on the spark plugs........this is happening more and more frequently both here and abroad.

Utah
Old 02-05-2002, 02:08 AM

Originally posted by Utah S2K
this is happening more and more frequently both here and abroad.
Where has it happened abroad??
Old 02-05-2002, 03:10 AM

That's bad news
I hope they fix it soon for you and you don't have to pay much for it - is it covered by warranty ?
Old 02-05-2002, 07:16 AM
Fed

OK, how long does it take to take an engine apart and diagnose a problem? It's been a day and a half already and still no news.
Old 02-05-2002, 07:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just tearing down a motor can take an entire day or two, then diagnosing the problem... that should become apparent if you heard a knocking noise (usually makes itself VERY obvious on teardown!). Depending on the dealership, though, it might take them longer if they stay busy (pulling the tech off to do other stuff).

I'd keep calling daily. Did they give you a loaner? I'd also mention that Honda should give you a new motor, it's happened before, and is far from an unreasonable request at this point. When you plopped down $32k for the car, you didn't expect this, nor did you pay to have your motor taken apart by the dealership and reassembled. This is a motor they have probably never torn down before, whereas a new motor has been hand-assembled by techs who have been doing only that for the past year or two.
Old 02-05-2002, 07:36 AM
Fed

Thanks Marcucci, I didn't think it would take more than a day to take apart an engine. Oh well. Right now, I'm just waiting to find out what the problem is. AS for a loaner I wasn't given one, I was hoping they would have diagnosed the problem by this morning so I could have requested one, but if I don't get an answer by 4 pm today, I will be calling them and requesting a loaner. I've ben borrowing people's cars since I dropped the car off. As for a new engine, I will demand one, whatsoever. I'm not taking the car back without at least a new block, especially with an engine that is so sensitive to the slightest changes, like ours is.
Old 02-06-2002, 05:33 PM

Did you get any new info from the dealer? i drive by College Park Honda everyday to go to school and never seen an black s2000 outside so i'm guessing they are working on it....Hope everything works out for you soon!!
Old 02-06-2002, 05:51 PM
Fed

The car has been on the lift since monday morning, I guess it's a good thing they don't leave it outside at least. Right now engine is apart, and they are waiting on AHM to see what they have to do next. Big mess, I should know more by friday. We'll see.

Quick Reply: So my car is dead!!!!!!