S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

So do testpipes cause the engine any harm?

Old 01-19-2006, 08:51 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Your Dad lied to you. He also doesn't love you.
It is a known fact that running an engine after a cold start and NOT letting it get up to operating temp will leave the MOST amount of condensation in the exhaust system, thus promoting rust and corrosion of said system.

Let's look at a little physics here .................................
Where does the heat in an engine start and where does it go? It starts in the combustion chamber and gets blown out the exhaust valves. Then it goes DOWN the exhaust manifold and out through the rest of the exhaust system. Now, where does heat and cold exist relative to each other? Heat RISES to the top, cold FALLS to the bottom. Unless you've got a honkin' big hole at the top of your exhaust manifold, the heat stays up there. How is the cold air going to get pulled in from the exhaust tips, work its way backwards through the exhaust system and UP the manifold to play "footsies" with the valves?
Please send your dad back to school. I think he slept through that class. Oh, and where were you during that class that you actually bought that story?

Now take a look at this statement:
you shouldn't care about going any faster Costas, leave your car the way it is lol.
Maybe your dad isn't as dumb as we've all made him out to be.
Old 01-19-2006, 09:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL, he told me this yesterday on the phone and I didn't get to talk to him about it because I got home late from work. I'll bring it up tonight again though lol.

As far as not having to make my car faster, c'mon now, faster my car, the bigger my penis!! hahaha jk

...i just like the way it sounds

Thanks for the informative post though