S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

smog

Old 04-18-2013, 05:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default smog

hey guys, I am looking for a smog guy. My car is modified and wont pass smog. The guy I was using is no longer in the business. Does anyone have a guy I can use. I need to get my car smogged asap. Thanks for the help guys
Old 04-18-2013, 07:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Trying to make your car pass illegally???
Old 04-19-2013, 06:18 AM

Really? come on now just pass smog, theres no reason to mod your S2k so it wont pass...

What have you done so it wont?
Old 04-19-2013, 12:35 PM

California just straight up blows when it comes to smogging. My S2K passed the sniffer, etc but not the visual because I have an aftermarket header. Hoping they wouldn't notice because its a Ricks 6 plus which retains the OEM heat shields. Mod plus no carb sticker = fail.
Old 04-19-2013, 12:44 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by trymev8
hey guys, I am looking for a smog guy. My car is modified and wont pass smog. The guy I was using is no longer in the business. Does anyone have a guy I can use. I need to get my car smogged asap. Thanks for the help guys
What exactly is keeping you from passing smog?

If it's the same reason you were looking for smog in this thread, then I'd suggest just removing/replacing what you need to temporarily in order to pass smog.

It's ridiculous paying that much money just so you don't have to swap parts...esp when the cumulative cost you're paying is over the value of the parts you could easily swap in.
Old 04-19-2013, 02:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would have to change back to my stock intake, put the cat back on, remove my apexi vafc, remove my headers, remove my intake manifold. Most of the stock parts I no longer have. It is much less expensive for me to just pay the couple hundred dollars and pass then to try to find all the stock parts, put them on, and then go pass. Then have to reinstall all my modded parts after passing. I am not looking for a lecture, i had a guy i used regularly but he got a new job and cant do it for me anymore. i just need to know if anybody else knows or uses a smog guy that can just get this done for me.
Old 04-19-2013, 02:23 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Didn't mean to lecture. Just trying to suggest a practical way of taking care of this. There's a thread in the FI section right now asking about CA smog guys, and no one has any info on a hookup. They're much harder to find nowadays esp with the new smog processes the DMV are introducing like the STAR program.

Good luck finding a guy tho. BTW you'll have alot more luck posting this in the Southern California forum instead of Under the Hood.
Old 04-19-2013, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by trymev8
I would have to change back to my stock intake, put the cat back on, remove my apexi vafc, remove my headers, remove my intake manifold. Most of the stock parts I no longer have. It is much less expensive for me to just pay the couple hundred dollars and pass then to try to find all the stock parts, put them on, and then go pass. Then have to reinstall all my modded parts after passing. I am not looking for a lecture, i had a guy i used regularly but he got a new job and cant do it for me anymore. i just need to know if anybody else knows or uses a smog guy that can just get this done for me.
just a place to try, call around the antelope valley. tons of shady shops out here...