S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

slave cylinder install problem

Old 04-13-2010, 10:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default slave cylinder install problem

ok everyone, i drive a MY02 with 96,000 miles on it and my clutch pedal recently lost almost all feel. so i bought a new slave cylinder and installed it. the problem is that ive been trying to bleed the system and nothing is happening. the clutch pedal springs forward and backward and stays either on the floor or all the way out. i can hear air coming from the bleeder valve when my brother pushes the clutch. we tried the bleed process many times and nothing has changed. i even took the new slave off and reinstalled it just to be sure evrything was on right. its a pretty simple part so i im pretty sure its on there right. im not sure what im missing. please help and thank you.
Old 04-13-2010, 11:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the only car that i have done this on was my prelude, though i guess that it would be similar.

the way that i finally got it to work was to take the cap off of the master, and just let it gravity bleed for a while.

if that doesn't work try this. open bleeder, push pedal down, close bleeder, pull pedal up. do that several times, then pump the clutch pedal a bunch. then do all that again and again until it works. eventually it prolly will.

remember to continue adding fluid as needed. if you let it go dry, and air gets in you have to start over.
Old 04-14-2010, 04:42 AM

Originally Posted by luder_5555,Apr 14 2010, 03:08 AM
the only car that i have done this on was my prelude, though i guess that it would be similar.

the way that i finally got it to work was to take the cap off of the master, and just let it gravity bleed for a while.

if that doesn't work try this. open bleeder, push pedal down, close bleeder, pull pedal up. do that several times, then pump the clutch pedal a bunch. then do all that again and again until it works. eventually it prolly will.

remember to continue adding fluid as needed. if you let it go dry, and air gets in you have to start over.

also, for the first little while, you'll have to pull the pedal off the floor to get it to retract, or at least i did.
Old 04-14-2010, 06:54 PM

First thing, check your master cylinder reservoir. Make sure there is no grey metallic grease in it. It should look very clean, no discoloration of any kind. If it does then the seals in your master are shot. Making it difficult for you to shift into gears while the car is running. A lot of people make the mistake that their tranny is going out because of it.

If that is all fine, open the bleeder on the slave quite a bit. Pump your pedal, all the way up and then to the floor around 20 times with your hand. It does take a little time for fluid to make its way to the slave. After u get fluid flowing, our cars are very easy to bleed the air out.
Old 04-15-2010, 04:48 PM

i figured it out. basically im an idiot. i guess thats what i get for trying to work on the car at midnight after school and work.