S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Silicone hoses

Old 06-27-2007, 08:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Silicone hoses

I have an issue. I recently bought a oil catch can from a local tuner shop and they had to order it. When it finally arrived, it was the wrong one. So i decided to make my own and return the other to them. They said that they would only give me store credit because it was a specialty order item So now I have $100 credit with them but they don't carry much of anything I want. I think I will go ahead and get some caliper paint and I was also considering some silicone vacuum lines to kind of dress it up a little under the hood. But I know nothing about these lines as I am usually the kind of guy who is more about performance than I am looks.

So what do you have to say about them? Are they sturdy, or will they collapse on them selfs after a while? Will they stand up to the heat, or are they going to melt? What are your experiances with them? Does any one here even use them?
Old 06-28-2007, 02:22 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They are primarily for looks only. The OEM vacuum lines perform fine, but the silicone lines may last a little longer ... or until you get tired of the color .
Old 06-28-2007, 09:10 AM

Thank you for the reply. Have you used these before? I am worried about them melting. One guy I spoke to locally said that they are very soft and would probably melt.

But I don't know what else to get. This shop does not have shit for me.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:30 AM

Silicone lines are soft, but they will not melt. Because they are so soft and pliable be sure that they fit properly and won't slip off.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:43 AM

why do you have a black bin liner on the front of your S? Surely you would prefer a few stone chips on the front end to a car that looks like its been dipped in tar?
Old 06-28-2007, 11:38 AM

Here in the US we call that item a "bra" .

I wouldn't mind a few stone chips, but I do not like having my car look like it's been sandblasted from the front. Some of the tracks around here have sand/small gravel on them, and the front of the car can become rather pitted very quickly if there is no protection.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by CoralDoc,Jun 28 2007, 11:38 AM
Here in the US we call that item a "bra" .

I wouldn't mind a few stone chips, but I do not like having my car look like it's been sandblasted from the front. Some of the tracks around here have sand/small gravel on them, and the front of the car can become rather pitted very quickly if there is no protection.
im still not convinced,i'd rather have to re-spray my front end every year or so than drive around with that ugly thing stuck on the front spoiling the looks.It kind of like defeats the object.Buy a good looking car and make it look freaking ridiculous.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Bandit_287,Jun 28 2007, 04:36 PM
im still not convinced,i'd rather have to re-spray my front end every year or so than drive around with that ugly thing stuck on the front spoiling the looks.It kind of like defeats the object.Buy a good looking car and make it look freaking ridiculous.
Please, tell us how you really feel .
Old 06-28-2007, 12:55 PM

sorry i mean no offence.I guess its like being a muslim wife and wearing the finest designer clothes underneath your Burka for nobody but your owner to see.

Personally i think the S looks stunning naked and doesnt deserve to be under wraps.
Old 06-28-2007, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by Bandit_287,Jun 28 2007, 12:55 PM
sorry i mean no offence.I guess its like being a muslim wife and wearing the finest designer clothes underneath your Burka for nobody but your owner to see.

Personally i think the S looks stunning naked and doesnt deserve to be under wraps.
Thank you for hi-jacking my thread with your useless hater-ism. Just because you don't like the looks of the bra does not mean the next guy doesn't. Thats just like there are plenty of people who argue about what color is the best,or hard top or soft. They are all great. It is just a matter of opinion. And in this case were your opinion differs from another owners, why not just keep it to your self. Or better yet, start your own thread about "bra haters" or something and leave mine for silicone hose questions or comments!

Quick Reply: Silicone hoses