S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

sighs*

Old 04-06-2006, 01:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ill pull out the code on friday and post it up on friday night.
Old 04-06-2006, 03:50 PM

the first code was an incorrect flow code, p0411 after we corrected it the code was a p0411. and yes you can blow out your air pump. its in the FAQ of under the hood pictures and all

Edit : (here is the link to the blown air pump!)
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=350254
Old 04-06-2006, 05:14 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by s2kBryan916,Apr 6 2006, 05:50 PM
the first code was an incorrect flow code, p0411 after we corrected it the code was a p0411. and yes you can blow out your air pump. its in the FAQ of under the hood pictures and all

no one ever said an air pump can't "blow out". however, incorrect vacuum hose routing would NOT cause this to happen. THAT is what our contention is.
Old 04-06-2006, 05:31 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by s2kBryan916,Apr 6 2006, 04:50 PM

OK, I'll give you that one ...................... sort of.

Like Wisconsin said, I was saying that installing a CAI and getting the vacuum lines mixed up won't blow an airpump. If it's going to blow, it was going to blow anyway. As Billman pointed out in his thread, that was a defect in a part.

We've got two people posting about the same thing ..................
"s2kboii and s2kBryan916".
Are you two different people? And what is your connection with each other? Or are you one person with 2 usernames? I'm losing track of who we're dealing with here. Whose car is this?
Old 04-06-2006, 05:35 PM

Point taken, but it has been proven that wrong vacuum lines are NOT the only thing that can trigger a p0411 code. The way I think he sees it (keep in mind he is a good friend of mine), in his mind he has eliminated all other possibilites and he sees thats the only other one. I agree he isnt the best at describing things.
Old 04-06-2006, 05:39 PM

Two different people, I get what you guys are saying. In his first post he was talking about three different things really. ONE i think he was trying to see if the vacuum lines could blow the pump. TWO he was wondering about how hard the pump is to replace. THREE could his check engine light being on cause him to run rich like that.

I have told him it could be in "limp in" mode, but i dont know for sure soo that is where i think he is reaching out to you guys for help.

s2kboii let me know if i got that right?!

Also thank you guys for you help, this was soon to get off track.
Old 04-06-2006, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by Wisconsin S2k,Apr 6 2006, 05:14 PM
no one ever said an air pump can't "blow out". however, incorrect vacuum hose routing would NOT cause this to happen. THAT is what our contention is.
I never associated in any of my posts that the vacuum lines being wrong WERE indeed the reason the pump was bad. I simply said it could be that cause of his p0411 code.
Old 04-06-2006, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by s2kBryan916,Apr 6 2006, 06:35 PM
Point taken, but it has been proven that wrong vacuum lines are NOT the only thing that can trigger a p0411 code. The way I think he sees it (keep in mind he is a good friend of mine), in his mind he has eliminated all other possibilites and he sees thats the only other one. I agree he isnt the best at describing things.
If you look back at some of my previous responses, you'll see that I never stated that wrong vacuum line placement was the ONLY thing to cause a 411 code. Please note that I did include a backwards check valve and a poorly connected (or not connected at all) wiring harness to the solenoid. There can also be broken or cracked pipes on the solenoid tubing nipples, something wrong with purge valves, etc.
Please don't misread what I post. This only reflects badly upon you and has nothing to do with me. I only indicated what I did because there was a recent CAI installation and that this was the most common reasons for a CEL code 411. My crystal ball is on vacation at the moment. I have no idea what other stuff he has done to his car or with his car in recent months. I can ONLY base diagnosis upon what has been posted. In fact, he didn't even relate to us that his CEL light was on before. You expect us to help, yet you want to correct us at every turn because you haven't found the remedy to this problem? I don't get paid for doing this or for spending my time on this thread. None of us do. You get what you get and you shouldn't be upset when you don't see something the way you like to see it.
Both of you are "guests" and are looking for free advice. None of us are obligated to give you any.

You want to wonder why I'm still skeptical when he says he's absolutely sure the vacuum lines are correct? You don't think I've seen and heard this many times before. On more than one occasion, a poster would swear on a stack of bibles that "ALL THE LINE ARE CORRECT" and that is has been checked "4 TIMES", only for me to tell him to go back to that thread and take it one step at a time and CHECK AGAIN. They come back with, "Oops, the check vavle was on backwards" or "I forgot the plug in the wiring harness because I couldn't see it".

I'm sorry, but if you guys are as sure as you say you are, you don't need my help. I'm done here. Good luck.
Old 04-06-2006, 06:51 PM

Im sorry, i was just trying to help you guys understand what he is trying to explain. My intent was to help, not irritate you.
Old 04-06-2006, 07:14 PM

PM received. All's good.
Without "hands on", about the only thing I have left is to advise him and you to check those hoses, check valve, wiring harness and all connections one more time to be sure you aren't chasing ghosts. Then chase down the airpump and the rest of the 2ndary air injection system.

Quick Reply: sighs*