S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

sighs*

Old 04-04-2006, 09:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sighs*

i put on my CAI and i routed the vacumn lines wrong...and now i think i blew my airpump, we pulled out the problem. and it said secondary air injection failure...so do you guys think it's my airpump? and also my cars running rich, i get SO BAD on gas...like 11-12MPG on city and i do not have a heavy right foot...if you guys can help me i'd really appreciate it..and also if it is the airpump, is it hard to change that out? thanks.
Old 04-04-2006, 09:08 PM
Former Sponsor

Uh...you didn't blow out your air pump, just switch the hoses back.
Old 04-04-2006, 09:14 PM

i did and i even reset the ecu after like 20 miles of driving came back on again and it i pulled it again and it was still the same, i found the post by xviper how to do the vacumn lines on AEM CAI and i did it the correct way, and it's on the correct way, and it still hasn't gone off yet even if i reset it multiple times, the codes still the same....thanks for the reply though.
Old 04-04-2006, 09:17 PM
Former Sponsor

That is werid...Cause at first I also did route my lines wrong and drove like 20-30 miles before the check engine light came on. I re routed the lines and that was it. I highly doubt you can blow your air pump as a result of routing the lines wrong.
Old 04-04-2006, 09:19 PM

but i get a loud high pitch tone from where the air pump is...and my light no matter what it won't go away....that is y i'm so worried...i rerouted the wires back many times and i even printed out the post so i can see it while im working on my car...but still not going off evn after i reset the ecu...so I think its my airpump...others can help me...thanks for the info though.
Old 04-04-2006, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by s2kboii,Apr 5 2006, 12:05 AM
i put on my CAI and i routed the vacumn lines wrong...and now i think i blew my airpump, we pulled out the problem. and it said secondary air injection failure...so do you guys think it's my airpump? and also my cars running rich, i get SO BAD on gas...like 11-12MPG on city and i do not have a heavy right foot...if you guys can help me i'd really appreciate it..and also if it is the airpump, is it hard to change that out? thanks.
It's easy to change out the air pump, but an air pump failure will not make your car run rich. The air pump only runs right after startup and has no effect what-so-ever at other times. It almost sounds like your intake is blocked. Did you drown the air filter in oil?

I think I'd take the CAI back off and check for obstructions.
Old 04-04-2006, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by s2kboii,Apr 5 2006, 12:19 AM
but i get a loud high pitch tone from where the air pump is...and my light no matter what it won't go away....that is y i'm so worried...i rerouted the wires back many times and i even printed out the post so i can see it while im working on my car...but still not going off evn after i reset the ecu...so I think its my airpump...others can help me...thanks for the info though.
Do you hear this tone all the time, or is it only after a cold start?
Old 04-04-2006, 11:04 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Whick intake? What is the exact code? It's going to be a 410 or a 411. A bad CAI install is usually a 411 (crossed lines, check valve wrong direction, or no connection at the wiring harness). But neither of those codes will say "failure". The 410 code will be an electrical issue with the air pump circuit.
You say you followed the hose routing carefully from my "How To", but did you ensure the white check valve is pointed in the right direction? Did you ensure that the air solenoid wiring harness is plugged in tight? One guy had it all correct and then noticed he had unplugged the wiring harness.
Doing a bad CAI install won't blow the air pump unless you did something really unorthodox.
Old 04-05-2006, 12:10 AM

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

At first I thought this was the famous person that stripped his engine oil drain plug.
So "doing something really unorthodox" would be possible.
But its not the same person.
Excuses!
Old 04-05-2006, 11:29 AM

[QUOTE=xviper,Apr 5 2006, 02:04 AM]Whick intake?

Quick Reply: sighs*