S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Sigh... Help Please

Old 03-24-2011, 02:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sigh... Help Please

Okay. So.

Back story. Bought my 01 in 08. After a few months started experiencing weird issues with bogging and horrible fluctuating idle. Found out it was water in my gas tank, fixed it via empty tank, new filter, and injectors.

Then after my deployment in 09 I realized I needed a new clutch. Put in an Aftermarket with OEM disk. Yay! Then after a meet in Raleigh NC I noticed my oil light was coming on during hard braking. My buddy after a long story that I won't get in to checked the travel on my crank, I had bad crank walk. Sigh. Took it to a shop here in Fayetteville and I got it back today. According to the shop my bearings were a bit worn but the crank and block were good. So they did what needed to be done and everything was peachy, I thought.

Picked up the car today and drove it back to my place, realized that I had a pretty nasty loss in power and my clutch pedal felt like a rock with no play. Asked my buddy what the deal was and he said they didn't adjust my clutch. So I grabbed a 12m and adjusted it myself. Great! Well the first time I went a bit excessive on my adjustment and there was a wholllee lot of play. Also when I tried to start the car she kept dropping idle and dieing on me. So I whipped out the 12m again and readjusted back a bit to where it is now which feels like it did before it went in to the shop.

I then went for a drive and AGAIN! I am having some serious loss of power issues. (Not bogging, more like the RPM's are climbing but the car isn't going nearly as fast as it should) Which makes me think it's the clutch slipping or I'm not getting enough fuel or air, but I just adjusted the clutch to where it should be, and I have a basically new well maintained K&N FIPK. Also the fuel was never an issue after 08.

On a final note, my master cylinder for the clutch is leaking really horribly and part of me is wondering if that's the cause but then idk.

Help!
Old 03-24-2011, 03:48 PM

I would look into the MAP sensor as it creates issues for the AP1s. There is a MAP Whack stickey at the top of this section.
Old 03-24-2011, 04:16 PM

I'm thinking more it's a clutch slipping issue because the RPM's seem to raise just fine but the speed doesn't. However it's not "that" dramatic and I checked my fluid levels which seem to be fine and the clutch pedal is adjusted properly.