S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Set of Washers for Fluid Changes?

Old 10-01-2024, 03:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Set of Washers for Fluid Changes?

Just wondering if there's anywhere to buy a set of washers that includes everything needed for the transmission, differential, engine, and anything else I'm forgetting. Seems like I can buy a set of 20 for $8 or buy individually for excessive shipping. No dealer near me unfortunately either. Seems like the cheapest is using hondpartsnow and $10ish for shipping. I'm being cheap, but curious.
The following users liked this post:
windhund116 (10-01-2024)
Old 10-01-2024, 04:20 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,401 Likes on 1,044 Posts

Just buy a lifetime supply and include all the different washers you need.

Buy oil filters while you're at it, and also the oil filter torque adapter.

Shit, throw a little something in for me, chief.

Make the shipping worthwhile.
Rotortramp (10-01-2024)
Old Yesterday, 04:22 AM

Received 486 Likes on 397 Posts

Buy in bulk. Im still using washers from my 2016 stash.
Old Yesterday, 06:52 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,251 Likes on 1,092 Posts

Problem with bulk washers is they kinda all look alike so I like mine in individual envelopes with the part number on the label. There's a knowledgeable Honda parts guy at the dealer two miles away so I just get them there when I need them and they don't get lost in my S2000 parts drawer like those I bought 10 years ago. Dealer includes a "free" crush washer when I get the specific S2000 oil filter for the biennial oil change -- if Blackstone Labs advises an oil change that soon.

Severe service interval (worst case other than track use) for the gearbox is 80,000 miles -- a mileage my car has yet to reach in her lifetime -- and the rear differential is 15,000 miles so I'm not needing a box of washers. My 2006 car has the Maintenance Minder which has yet to activate so I use the 2004-2005 maintenance schedule. And get that engine oil analysis.

Don't get concerned. I've changed the gearbox and differential oil several times in the past 10 years despite only putting 30,000 miles on the car. Under the car getting dirty and covered in various oils is part of the fun of S2000 ownership.

-- Chuck
windhund116 (Today)
Old Today, 04:26 AM

Received 486 Likes on 397 Posts

I have a box of cotter pins I used up and just put my washers in there, since they're separated and I know which one goes where it worked out.

14 and 20mm for the trans

the diff washers one is copper the other is silver, and duracell batteries are the copper top so the copper washer goes on top, I have those in the same tray.

Got a Fumoto valve so don't need oil pan plug washers.
Old Today, 06:34 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 1,539 Likes on 1,043 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck S
Problem with bulk washers is they kinda all look alike so I like mine in individual envelopes with the part number on the label. There's a knowledgeable Honda parts guy at the dealer two miles away so I just get them there when I need them and they don't get lost in my S2000 parts drawer like those I bought 10 years ago. Dealer includes a "free" crush washer when I get the specific S2000 oil filter for the biennial oil change -- if Blackstone Labs advises an oil change that soon.

Severe service interval (worst case other than track use) for the gearbox is 80,000 miles -- a mileage my car has yet to reach in her lifetime -- and the rear differential is 15,000 miles so I'm not needing a box of washers. My 2006 car has the Maintenance Minder which has yet to activate so I use the 2004-2005 maintenance schedule. And get that engine oil analysis.

Don't get concerned. I've changed the gearbox and differential oil several times in the past 10 years despite only putting 30,000 miles on the car. Under the car getting dirty and covered in various oils is part of the fun of S2000 ownership.

-- Chuck
I marked the bags with Sharpee. Oil pan, diff, transmission, etc. I usually put dates on them, too --- inorder to check the usage over time.

All of the washers work on my other Honda cars, except the differential one.
Old Today, 08:18 AM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I have been restoring a 98 M3 for the last 3 years when I've have the time. I have replaced every power steering line, oil housing connection, radiator and temp sensor so I ordered a LOT of extra copper and aluminum crush washers of various sizes from FCPEuro. So I was able to used some of them for when I changed the transmission fluid and diff fluid on my new to me S2000. I did order some from Honda with my oil filter and fluids before I remembered having all those sitting around in little zip lock baggies. Never hurts to order a bunch to have around for future needs for pretty much any vehicle.
windhund116 (Today)
Old Today, 08:30 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 1,539 Likes on 1,043 Posts

I like the body style of those E36s. Is it a 3-liter straight 6?

Last edited by windhund116; Today at 08:32 AM.
Old Today, 08:46 AM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by windhund116
I like the body style of those E36s. Is it a 3-liter straight 6?
3.2 liter straight 6. They have been one of my favorite cars since the first M3 came out in the States in 95.
windhund116 (Today)
Old Today, 09:41 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,401 Likes on 1,044 Posts

Originally Posted by Elscooby
Never hurts to order a bunch to have around for future needs for pretty much any vehicle.
Correct. That BMW will reward you by leaking as soon as you start it.

Quick Reply: Set of Washers for Fluid Changes?