S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Which sensor is this? intake problem

Old 10-18-2015, 07:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zeroptzero
The solenoid itself routes clean air to the exhaust during cold start-up for emissions purposes, it doesn't operate once the car is up and running warm. The black top piece is merely a filter for the solenoid, just make sure it goes back on tight so it filters properly. It won't affect engine operation by itself so that is not your issue. But check all of the vacuum lines that go in and around that solenoid, if you have a loose vacuum line connection that will cause your issue, I'm willing to bet one of the vacuum lines has come loose, I zip tie all of mine.
when the black top piece fell off I lost it and I looked everywhere. Will it be an issue when I smog my car if I don't have it? if so, where can I buy one and what is it called? thank you very much for the information
Old 10-19-2015, 10:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mcgina
Originally Posted by zeroptzero' timestamp='1445121121' post='23778529
The solenoid itself routes clean air to the exhaust during cold start-up for emissions purposes, it doesn't operate once the car is up and running warm. The black top piece is merely a filter for the solenoid, just make sure it goes back on tight so it filters properly. It won't affect engine operation by itself so that is not your issue. But check all of the vacuum lines that go in and around that solenoid, if you have a loose vacuum line connection that will cause your issue, I'm willing to bet one of the vacuum lines has come loose, I zip tie all of mine.
when the black top piece fell off I lost it and I looked everywhere. Will it be an issue when I smog my car if I don't have it? if so, where can I buy one and what is it called? thank you very much for the information
Pretty sure you're talking about the vacuum control valve.
Not sure if it will be a problem (but by what you're saying, it sounds like it will). I thought only during a cold start it would be a problem, but best replace it if it's broken IMO.