S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Seam foam

Old 07-20-2012, 02:28 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Seam foam

Hi,

I read you slowly introduce seafoam into the brake booster, does anyone have a picture and how exactly do you do it, do you just remove one end (any end?).

Can i just remove 'C' and add a hose onto the port and feed the seamfoam into that?

Thanks
Old 07-20-2012, 02:46 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My advice is to slowly poor that crap down the drain. No such thing as engine repair in a bottle bro. Seafoam like any other top engine cleaner does about dick when you slowly poor it in a running engine. If your trying to clean out a carbon'd up intake or your valves just use a bit of H2O. Its free and will do more than that stuff ever will. Yes you can use the booster port. However all the seafoam will go into the +4 cylinder only. Not like it matters anyway.
Old 07-20-2012, 02:56 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Hi thanks for your reply.

I am reading up on seafoam, seems a bit mixed and it may possibly eat seals.

My engine is high mileage just looking to de carbonise, so you suggest spray water into the brake booster or remove the pipe i mentioned above? (being careful not to hydrolock).

Thanks
Old 07-20-2012, 03:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DO NOT run water, thats BS, you cannot compress water and even if you only do a bit at a time you will still end up with water in your oil as it will go past the rings, Seafoam and B12 Chemtool (cheaper) are great and have been out for MANY years, dont pour the seafoam into the brake booster instead pour a whole bottle into your gas tank when its 3/4-full and let it do its job, it will clean the entire fuel system and the fuel injectors, pouring it into the brake booster line will only clean the valves and pistons (for as stated maybe one or 2 cylinders). If you accidently poured too much water into the engine while running its done. Keep it simple and just put it in the gas tank, you will be a lot better off. Seafoam has a pressurized spray that you can spray into your throttle body while running a high idle too if you wanted to do that but again, that wont clean your injectors. NO seafoam or any other product on the market is going to completly clean all the carbon out in the engine.
Old 07-20-2012, 04:13 PM

Shell in Canada has a high nitrogen fuel. Run the same fuel for a few months and it's the same + plus it takes you from a to b with any addition charge.

Shell in the US might be the same
Old 07-20-2012, 04:13 PM

Don't spray water into your intake. Get intake cleaner instead
Old 07-20-2012, 04:48 PM

Received 3,799 Likes on 2,677 Posts

One of the few products strong enough to actually work is Redline Fuel System cleaner, it uses PEA which is the most effective cleaning chemical. A half bottle will treat the S2k's small tank, so one bottle a year is plenty. Here are my intake ports at 60k miles, I had to do a double take when I first saw them, and the valve heads looked like they just came out of the factory, not a single deposit to be found on them.

Old 07-20-2012, 04:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW, thats pretty damn clean, ive pulled heads off different cars with 40-50k miles and there was a ton of crud on them!
Old 07-20-2012, 05:10 PM

Received 3,799 Likes on 2,677 Posts

Originally Posted by SpinningHigh04
WOW, thats pretty damn clean, ive pulled heads off different cars with 40-50k miles and there was a ton of crud on them!
me too !, I was very surprised when I pulled the head off my S2K this spring. It almost looks fake, I might not have believed it if I didn't pull the head off myself. lol.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:49 PM

Received 248 Likes on 177 Posts

For all the people that say don't use water, water injection has been around for decades. The plane my Dad flew in WW2 had water injection, every supercharged engine I ever built had water injection. When you take apart a engine that has water/methanol injection the valves, heads, combustion chamber and exhaust will look like the engine has never been run.
http://www.rallycars.com/Cars/WaterInjection.html

ROD

Quick Reply: Seam foam